RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Heyward for Doc Halladay...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heyward for Doc Halladay...
    Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 10:55am
...would you do it?  I'd get Doc and give Heyward.

I think Doc is going to figure out.  Heyward is on my bench and may or may not come back from Appendectomy and start raking.

Typically, I wouldn't even consider a elite (or near elite) bat for an elite (formerly - may come back to elite) arm...

But for whatever reason I'm intrigued by the offer...
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 2:19pm
NO WAY
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 9:20pm
That's fairly emphatic... LOL

I'm more interested in the idea of Doc on my team.  I'm willing to part with Heyward (see post about Heyward for Howard), but I'd need to get something back.  I offered him Heyward and Hanrahan for Doc and Melky...he returned with this...
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 4:56am
Sorry, I just don't part with young super talents for older guys who have struggled (Halladay) or are off major injuries (Howard.) You're paying more for Halladay's name, when you could deal a lesser talent for a pitcher that could match or exceed Halladay's contribution to your team.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 5:02am
Halladay was dominant when his FB velocity averaged 92 to 92.7. It dropped to 90.6 last season, and his ERA rose over 2 points, to 4.49. Now, his AFBV is down to 89.8 and his ERA is over 5 and his FIP is nearly 5. I think he'll figure out that his fastball isn't what it once was, but I don't think he's going to return to sub 3 ERA's.

He's going to be 36 years old in a couple weeks. The end is near.
Jwalk100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Jwalk100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 9:18am
I agree whole heartedly with lvtdude.

Halladay is done. Heyward has many years ahead.
Off_Constantly View Drop Down

Quote Off_Constantly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 1:53pm
I think we have to see more out of Halladay before proclaiming "he's back". I definitely would not make this deal unless you are stacked at OF and weak at SP. Even then I'm not sure if I would. You can get more for Heyward.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 2:52pm
That's the best point.

You can get MORE for Heyward (heck, maybe.... Matt Moore?) I don't know why you'd chance Halladay's health, when you could go after a younger, healthier option. I'd be looking at guys like Moore, Bumgarner, Darvish, Shields, Scherzer, Minor, Lester; maybe Matt Cain or Gio Gonzalez if their owners are worried about sub-par starts. There are tons of pitchers I'd rather have than Halladay.

I wouldn't discount Heyward much. Having your appendix out is a relatively quick recovery.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 2:52pm
I'm sure I can get more for Heyward if he were healthy and coming back prior to May.

It's a H2H, so I probably should just hold Heyward until later...
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 3:11pm
Oh, you didn't tell us you were playing fantasy football. That changes everything!  Wink
downsouthcubbie View Drop Down

Quote downsouthcubbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 3:24pm
NOOOOOOOOO
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 9:06am
Originally posted by lvtdude

Oh, you didn't tell us you were playing fantasy football. That changes everything!  Wink

Don't like H2H?
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 10:35am
Ha. Hate it. I don't even like it for football, but I live with it.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 6:18am
And, Halladay is headed to the DL now.  You're welcome.  Clap
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 12:58pm
Yeah...I did notice that...and am pretty happy that I pulled it all back in...

And I agree with you that H2H is a terrible way to be doing this. I prefer Roto Auction.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 7:10am
Heyward.
RFB108 View Drop Down

Quote RFB108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 3:46pm
Kind of moot at this point
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 4:26pm
Never moot.  This is a message board.  You're supposed to kick a dead horse...more than once...
bdepouw09 View Drop Down

Quote bdepouw09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 6:39am
Heyward is gonna come back and rake with vengeance!!!!!! VENGEANCE!!!!!
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 8:53am
I certainly hope so. My team is severely missing any semblance of power...
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.172 seconds.