RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Drop Cozart & pick Yun. Betancourt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
polocksky View Drop Down

Quote polocksky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drop Cozart & pick Yun. Betancourt
    Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 8:59am
I feel that I am wasting a roster spot on Cozart, he's on my bench right now. I have Zobrist as my starting SS but would like to move him to 2B and bench Weeks until he gets on track. I guess the bottom line is is Betancourt a better back up and fill in to have on my roster than Cozart. Betancourt has multi positional value in my 14 team 5 x 5 head to head league. Will Cozart ever maintain some sort on consistency or just be a hit or miss guy all season?
Thanks
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 9:50pm
Cozart is streaky.  If you're in a roto league, he's fine if you just leave him be.  But if it's a H2H...Who's available on the wire? Betencourt doesn't have a history of doing what he's doing for very long...
Jwalk100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Jwalk100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 9:28am
Keep cozart stashed. injuries happen. You may need him later. I would rather have him than Betancourt.
PennMan View Drop Down

Quote PennMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 10:26am
I think it really makes a difference as to how the rest of your roster looks. Not just the middle infielders.

Betancourt is nothing but a very short term plug in multi position eligible or not. Cozart owns a position of scarcity and will put up stats and considering you own a consistently disappointing player in Rickie Weeks you have some tough material to work with.

*Depending on how the rest of your roster is filled out including reserves and how deep your league is would determine how good a move could be. At least IMO.

All that said who the heck would have thought Brandon Crawford would be looking like a fantasy stud in any month of the season?
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 7:37am
Give it time with Crawford...he'll revert to form.
PennMan View Drop Down

Quote PennMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 7:43am
I feel the same way about Crawford but I'm looking at it like someone just got most of his entire years worth of expected stats in April! LOL
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 2:49pm
I'm an SF fan (live in the SF bay area) and I've REALLY enjoyed watching him rake...I just know that the light at the end of the tunnel is a train ready to wipe out his bat...
PennMan View Drop Down

Quote PennMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 2:57pm
I'm not saying this will last at all but there have been other players that all of a sudden due to PED's or otherwise just make a leap into a different type of hitter. Only time will tell and I would say it's doubtful Crawford even hits 12 - 15 HR's based on his past but that was then and this is now so we have to see.
downsouthcubbie View Drop Down

Quote downsouthcubbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 3:30pm
"bench Weeks until he gets on track."

Well if last year is any indication of what to expect, Weeks won't be getting "on track" until September.
NYORANGE View Drop Down

Quote NYORANGE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 5:32pm
I have cozart because he is a better overall player than betancourt an will end the year with much better stats you just have to ride the storm with him sometimes
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.