RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Trade advice.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rafffle View Drop Down

Quote rafffle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trade advice.
    Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 10:42pm
I am in a 12 team mix 6X6 (OPB) keeper (keep 4) league. I was offered Josh Rutledge for Carlos Gomez. Do I take this trade?

I also have A. Ramirez coming back next week hopefully, then Granderson mid may. Who should be my starters and who do I drop to make room for these gentleman coming back pre and post trade assuming I take it.  

C: Y. Molina
1B: Goldschmit
2B: J. Kipnis
3B K. Seager
SS: D. Espinosa
OF: R. Braun
OF: A. Gordon
OF: C. Gomez
Util: J. Bautista
BN A. Ramirez
DL: M. Teixeira
DL: C. Granderson 
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 4:49pm
I've had a piece of Gomez several times over the past few years.  I think that Gomez has a lot of potential, but he's hard to swallow when he goes on his hitless streaks.  I think he's playing over his head right now in terms how BA.  I think there's a correction coming.  That being said, Rutledge has less speed, a better average, and a less power...but plays a better position.  It also doesn't look like he's a noticeable upgrade on anyone you have now...unless you want to lose a bit of power and speed for a bit of BA.  I don't see it making much difference though.

I don't think I'd do the trade.

Also, I think that I'd drop Teixeira completely.  He's taking up space and has been declining for years.  Most of us just pick him up on name recognition, and a hope that he returns to form.  If you drop him, you can move A Ram to the DL, and go to the wire for temporary needs.
rafffle View Drop Down

Quote rafffle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 6:53pm
I was thinking of replace Espinosa for Rutledge and was planning on dropping Gomez when Granderson came back. Then the next question is who to drop when A. Ramirez come back out of Kipnis or Seager?

I agree with you on Teixeira. I paid $7 for Teixeira, $9 for Granderson with a $260 budget. I was planning to keep them for the next few years at that price. I will have Teixeira as a bench player and just basically spot starting for this year.   
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 9:39pm
To be fair, I have Seager, so I'm biased.  I think at that point, you just go with the hot bat.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 4:51am
I do the deal,2b/ss is much thinner than OF.Tex would be the guy to cut.
patrick.maclean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote patrick.maclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 11:49pm
Absolutely do this deal
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.172 seconds.