Login: Sign up now! or
call 888-201-3057
| Help | Why Subscribe?
Yahoo! SportsFoxSportsESPN
HOME NFL MLB / Minors NBA NHL GOLF RACING NCAAF NCAAB MORE...    BLOGS MYROTOWIRE ASK AN EXPERT WIRELESS
  Mock Drafts | Baseball Commissioner | Football Commissioner | More
Search for Player:      
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Howard for Hayward

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Howard for Hayward
    Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 1:14pm
Yahoo 6 x 6 ten team h2h.

I have J. Hayward. They offered R. Howard.

I already have Zimmerman, Kubel, and Hanrahan on DL (can only put two on DL), so it's not a bad way to get some productivity...however...I've never been all that high on Howard.

Do you think that I'll get enough production from Howard to justify moving Hayward (who is NOT a keeper), and not have it hurt me later in the season?

Personally, Hayward is better because of steals and a slightly better BA. Howard will probably hit more HR's and RBI's, but BA will be lower and he doesn't know how to take a walk.

I wouldn't even consider it if Hayward hadn't gone on the DL with appendectomy, and I had Dunn two years ago when he had that same surgery and sucked the entire season...
dedmond29 View Drop Down

Quote dedmond29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 7:07am
I wouldn't do it unless you're getting killed at 1B AND have great OF depth. I am pretty sure when Matt Holliday had one he came back alright - key is whether Heyward tries to rush back or not
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 7:15am
I got Votto and if need by, Dunn for 1B.

I do remember Holliday coming back just fine. Overall...I'm only tempted because I hate having unproductive active slots.

But it's early in the season and I'm only 4 games out of the playoffs (14 games back off first - my entire team is slumping). Not to mention, for whatever reason, I'm getting killed in RBI's, though, that could change if my bats heat up.
patrick.maclean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote patrick.maclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 11:48pm
Don't don't do this deal, hold on to Jay Hey
 Post Reply Post Reply