RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Need fellow Commish advice ASAP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JuliusJ View Drop Down

Quote JuliusJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need fellow Commish advice ASAP
    Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 10:20am

What are your opinions on a blind bid Fantasy Football Auction league? Basically, instead of having the normal auction process, a player is nominated, then everyone writes a number on a piece of paper and the highest number gets the player. I think it's ridiculous.

I need outside views because this has been proposed by a manager in my league and some people seem to like the idea. The idea of losing money by blindly overbidding is something I can't accept. Winning Arian Foster with a blind bid of $50 when I could have had him at $40 is ludicrous and wasteful in my eyes. I believe I have some people who are afraid of the strategy a traditional auction draft requires.

I look forward to your feedback

NYRED View Drop Down

Quote NYRED Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 8:20pm
I think you should have a mock draft with it and see if you guys like it then maybe do it with the real draft
mike gottlieb View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote mike gottlieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 7:05am
It's an interesting concept, but the draft would leave most people feeling...unsatisfied.
cyril.handal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cyril.handal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 7:59am
It's an interesting idea but the whole point of the auction is the continuous bidding process. All this does is it balances the playing field in an attempt to help those who are less knowledgeable about the value of players.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.