RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Backup Catcher Move

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dslach View Drop Down

Quote dslach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Backup Catcher Move
    Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 11:51am
I am in a 10-team mixed keeper league. My starting catcher is Jonathan Lucroy and my backup is Ryan Doummit. I am considering dropping Doumit and picking up Carlos Ruiz when he comes off suspension. He hits for higher average but is a bit lower in HR and RBI. The only advantage to Doumit is that he can play C or OF.

Does this make sense or is it essentially aneutral trade?

LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 12:38pm
Pretty even. I would just keep Doumit. I like that he does not play catcher everyday but is stil in the lineup.
jtr5708 View Drop Down

Quote jtr5708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 6:13am
Keep Doumit.  With him you don't have to worry about a drop-off in production due to a reliance on PEDs.  Yes, I get that Ruiz was busted for amphetamines and not steroids or HGH but let's be honest, he had a breakout year at 33 years of age and he gets caught with an illegal substance.  Something is not adding up.  I'm not saying he will be useless but I certainly would not anticipate last year's numbers as the norm.

Edited by jtr5708 - 16 Apr 2013 at 6:14am
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.