RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Berkman for Skaggs?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Berkman for Skaggs?
    Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 5:18pm
16 team 5x5 standard keeper league.Have Freeman as my 1b and he has hit the DL for 3 weeks.With 16 teams the pickings are slim.Would you trade Skaggs for Berkman?
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 10:35pm
Freeman says he could play now. To me, that means he'll be back after 15 days. I'd bite the bullet, and play without Berkman. 2-3 weeks of Berkman might not help all that much.

Is there absolutely nobody on the wire to fill in for a short period?
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 11:31pm
Keep Berkman.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 11:49pm
He doesn't have Berkman. He could trade Skaggs for him. He's got Freeman on the DL.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 12:48am
Meant get Berkman. In that deep of a league you can use Berkman all year. Until he gets hurt himself of course. If you can keep a ton of players then maybe hold onto Skaggs.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 1:37am
Only holding 5 major leaguers and 5 minor leaguers....best players available are Juan Francisco and Placido Polanco
jtr5708 View Drop Down

Quote jtr5708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 6:36am
I say do the deal.  Berkman is useful now and will help cover your injury.  Skaggs may wind up being great but pitching prospects can be so unpredictable.  Grab the help now.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 8:14am
Take Berkman while he's hot...Skaggs won't help you right now.
PennMan View Drop Down

Quote PennMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 6:47pm
Figure Freeman for 3 weeks minimum. Obliques are nasty and you can't tell anything until they have rehab games under their belt. Just hope it isn't worse than that.
Skaggs isn't ready for prime time. Berkman is a solid fill in for Freeman.
At least that is the way I see it.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 6:04am
Keeper league I hold onto Skaggs. Someone has to be able to hold down the position until Freeman returns. If you have no options then you pretty much answered your own question. You don't want 2-3 weeks of zero's from 1b. I'm not much of Berkman fan at this point in his career but in Texas who knows.
PennMan View Drop Down

Quote PennMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 9:09am
I would say in a Keeper league it makes a difference as to just how deep your minor league prospects are at the pitching position and what the make up of your team is. This is the 2nd week of the season and 2013 should be your focus. Plus, in Texas, Berkman can be plenty good for the time you need him to cover for Freeman who is out with the dreaded oblique injury.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 10:54am
With Skaggs pitching last year and I figure he will be up this year he would have to be one of your 5 major league keepers I am guessing. Why I say get Berkman. I doubt Skaggs will be a top 5 keeper for you at the end of the year.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 10:05am
Skaggs has been good at every level. Berkman was bad in 2010 great in 2011 then stayed hurt last year. I see you  have minor league and major league keepers, is that standard now, so there Blue's logic makes sense. If he is one of your 5 best major league keepers you are in trouble. Make the trade. Unless I am missing something about the keeper rule. I assumes yesterday he was a minor league keeper.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.043 seconds.