Login: Sign up now! or
call 888-201-3057
| Help | Why Subscribe?
Yahoo! SportsFoxSportsESPN
HOME NFL MLB / Minors NBA NHL GOLF RACING NCAAF NCAAB MORE...    BLOGS MYROTOWIRE ASK AN EXPERT WIRELESS
  Mock Drafts | Baseball Commissioner | Football Commissioner | More
Search for Player:      
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Looking to add Ubaldo...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking to add Ubaldo...
    Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 10:33am
And I'm not sure who I would drop for him.

Here is my pitching staff.  Yahoo 6 x 6 daily h2h.

SP Gallardo, Yovani
SP Scherzer, Max
SP Kennedy, Ian
SP Haren, Dan
SP Samardzija, Jeff       
SP James McDonald
SP Marco Estrada
SP Edwin Jackson
RP Hanrahan, Joel
RP Putz, J.J.
RP Luke Gregerson
RP Drew Storen

Obviously, there are many SP's here that I won't drop, however, I might consider dropping one of the following for Ubaldo:  McDonald, Estrada, or Jackson.

I like the ceiling for Ubaldo...obviously, he has talent and maybe has tapped back into that with his uptick in velocity and return of control...
jtr5708 View Drop Down

Quote jtr5708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 11:05am
How many teams in the league?
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 11:23am
Edwin or McDonald.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 11:23am
I would actually drop Gregerson since he is not a closer.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 7:32pm
We score holds, so Gregerson has value.  Not to mention that holds is a stat that half the teams in the league punts on...

And it's a ten team league.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 9:49am
Ubaldo should not be owned in a ten team league.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 1:24pm
Not even with his ceiling?
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 3:52pm
How many good games would he have to pitch until you trust him?  If he has 3 good games in a row and then faces the Tigers, could you put him in your lineup?
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 8:04am
I trust none of my players...ever.  Unless they are named Adam Dunn in 2011 or Michael Young in 2012.  And then I get screwed.
But how many of the pitchers already on my roster would you trust to the Tiger's line up?

I might consider Max, or Ian, maybe Yovani.  I'd still start just about any of my pitchers against the Tigers in a weekly H2H match.  May not trust them...but would still start them for the counting stats.

Edited by daswah - 08 Apr 2013 at 8:07am
Jwalk100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Jwalk100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 6:11pm
Agree with lvtdude. No way.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 8:26pm
Start against the Yankees kinda cleared that one up...

Though, my entire pitching staff has blown up this week...
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 9:50am
Ubaldo just has not been the same player since that monster first half. I could see owning him as a speculative play. When he gets hot maybe run him against weaker lineups. I can tell you from experience he will burn you right after looking like he has it figured out. Not a huge fan on any of the guys you mentioned but if I had to pick one it would be Edwin. 2009 is the only season he kind of lived up to the hype. Estrada is 29 and just had his first good season but it was good enough to bump ahead of Jackson. 138 IP 143 K's and a 1.14 WHIP are numbers Jimenez will not match. I think that magical first half he had in 2010 is a long time gone. talk of could he win 30. He won 19 and has been terrible since. Could he turn it around? Possibly. McDonald has shown enough to hang on to. If you do it Jackson doesn't make a case for being owned either IMHO. he is 32-32 the last 3 years with whips of 1.39 1.44 and 1.22. Yeah the last whip is good but what else does he bring? Not the K's he was hyped to.
 Post Reply Post Reply