RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

CBSsports site issues and draft room problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PennMan View Drop Down

Quote PennMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CBSsports site issues and draft room problems
    Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 12:15pm
A league I commissioner on CBS is drafting tomorrow. We do an auction draft.

A couple of issues have appeared.

1) Nobody in the league can drag and drop a player into the queue. We have to click on the players name and then click on "queue" when the players information box pops up.

*That one we can work around if needed but geeze we pay a ton for this site!

2) Player position eligibility- We use a pretty standard 20 games at a position the previous season or 1 game played in the current season.
*What I am seeing is CBS has now combined total games played from the previous season at 2b and SS so that if the total between those 2 positions played is 20 then they give Middle Infield "MI" eligibility to that player. The player isn't eligible at 2B or SS as they should not be but they are at MI?? Same at 1st/3rd positions with CI eligibility.

Does anyone have any guidance for either of these issues.
**So far CBS customer service has not responded in over 24 hours to any request for assistance or explanation.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 12:44pm
# 1....Dont click on the player and drag him....Move your cursor to the right of the player in the clear spot then drag and release. Let me know if it works. I have to show guys in my leagues every year during our draft.

# 2.....It has always been like that. In all leagues MI games are always combined. So while you can't play them at 2b or SS you can at MI. MI and CI are a combined position so they should be combined games played as well. I had C. Figgins many years ago like that.

Edited by LABLUE - 05 Apr 2013 at 12:51pm
Hendu44 View Drop Down

Quote Hendu44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 1:07pm
CBS is a joke 4 of the 10 teams in my league had their computers completely shutdown while in the draft room and we finally had to cancel the draft and do it offline.  Well worth the $160 for the league...absolute disgrace!
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 1:12pm
I do 10 leagues a year on cbs for a long time and have never had a problem. I think it is by far the best site for the draft room and live scoring. I hate espn or yahoo but they are free so use them for a few free leagues that are not important.
PennMan View Drop Down

Quote PennMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 3:59pm
LABLUE- this method of moving the cursor to the right of the player in the clear spot and then drag and release isn't working either. Not for any of us.

** I have used CBS for several years. Been with them for over a decade and Auction drafting with them for 4 years. This has never been an issue before. This is brand new and the biggest problem is:
NO CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM CBSsports AT ALL!! They stopped their customer service last year but didn't drop their prices.

** Since CBS put in the changes they made 2 seasons ago for them to save money the site has been less user friendly for some functions and while they added a few bells and whistles that doesn't make up for it.

** I have liked CBS for their draft room over the years. I only Auction draft and with Auctions being able to pause a draft is crucial !! CBS has been the best at letting you control your own draft. These latest developments from a long running site are a disappointment. The complete lack of customer service attention is not making anyone happy.

** CBS was much better before the changes they made 2 years ago! I could care less about being able to watch a video of a play involving one of my players. Just give us good functions and service!

LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 4:07pm
Hmmmm. The drag and drop has worked for all my drafts. You just cant grab the player. Have to grab to the right of the player. Not sure what is going on for your draft.
PennMan View Drop Down

Quote PennMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 4:14pm
I have tried on 2 different computers. We have 12 teams in my league and everyone is having the same issue. 2 of our league members are experienced high end I.T. guys and none of us are having any luck with this.

* The most we get is the shadow of the player when we click and drag with a circle and line through it indicating you can't do that.

I'm game for trying anything but this is silly for this function. It clearly is not working properly.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 4:23pm
The one thing that happened in alot of drafts this year was after I dragged a player into the queue and ranked them once someone made a pick my queue woukd get scrambled in a different order and if I wanted my original order back I had to refresh the draft room
PennMan View Drop Down

Quote PennMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 4:34pm
We would be happy if we could get that far. I'm just hoping we don't have connection issues.

** LABLUE- I really appreciate your responding. Sure wish CBS gave a damn. No response in over 24 hours to an issue like this is disheartening.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 4:41pm
The only thing I can think of is yours is an auction and mine are not. Try doing a mock draft and see if you can drag people.
PennMan View Drop Down

Quote PennMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 7:10am
LABLUE- I can now drag and drop as you described.
** Here is what happened. With 3 of us on the site after I noticed in the upper right hand corner of the draft room in very small print there was "draft room help" phone #. I called it. For some reason after we got them on the line and they looked up our league, my I.D. then and only then could we move the cursor to the open spot to the right of the players name left click and drag and drop. Doing the same thing before as you suggested did not work until that point. Something had been restored and the same for another league. Weird but many thanks sir!Really appreciate your pointers trying to help
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 7:50am
Atleast it worked before your draft started. Now see if they get shifted around in there after picks are made.
molson62 View Drop Down

Quote molson62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 9:48am
dahhhhh- quit fantasy bb dudz...
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.016 seconds.