FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Need Expert Keeper League Trade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
patrick.maclean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote patrick.maclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Expert Keeper League Trade
    Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 7:48pm
Hey, everyone.

I'm a huge believer in Jose Fernandez. My league is a keep 15, forever, with no waiver wire. I was hoping to wait until next year to draft JF, but another manager grabbed him. The stupid Marlins promoted him and have forced my hand to make a move before his start. The manager who owns him needs first base help, badly. I own Hosmer, Allen Craig, Goldschmidt, and Ike Davis, so I'm effectively stacked at 1b.

Should I trade Ike Davis for J Fernandez and Alonso/J. Bradley Jr.?

Thoughts?
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 7:57am
You'd be giving up a lot for a very unproven pitcher who is going to get shelled and have the rest of his career influenced by that loss of confidence...
ccstaniec View Drop Down

Quote ccstaniec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 11:01am
Daswah might be right....but he might also be wrong.  Given your keeper leauge, if you are that big of a believer in Jose, then I wouldn't hesitate to make that trade offer. JF crushed the low minors, but don't expect those same numbers at ML level.  He may go through a few years of growing pains.  With that said, you are super deep at 1B and Ike is the guy I would dangle (too may K's, low AVE).  I think Hosmer is about to break out big time this year or next and will hit for high AVE.  If you can nab JF and JB Jr., why not?  You're still extremely strong at 1B.
navyman540 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote navyman540 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 11:08pm
I would take that in a heartbeat!  Ike davis is a turd who can hit home runs but his BA is gonna be worse than Adam Dunns this year.  Fernadez has a very high ceiling
patrick.maclean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote patrick.maclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 7:51pm
Thanks, guys. I strongly disagree with daswah. Jose Fernandez seems has the type of character to not get rattled. He fled Cuba, however, he failed 3 times. He was impressioned, and on one of the trips had to jump out of the boat to save his mother. With all that into perspective I don't think success/failure in the manor leagues defines him. However, her might have some of the best pure stuff that I've ever seen. I agree there will be some growing pains, but I see a lot of Feliz Hernandez/Pedro Martinez in this kid. Unfortunately now, with his hot start and Ike's cold streak, the other owner is very hesistant in pulling the deal.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 1:11am
Since you keep alot of players and forever I take Fernandez. If you only kept 4-5 guys I would not.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.145 seconds.