RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

My Team

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Team
    Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 6:35pm
I don't normally do this, but i joined a 12-team H2H league (re-draft). typical 5x5 scoring with BB and Holds added in.

With Head 2 Head i normally punt batting average, and so i went ahead and did the same with this league. I focused on SP a little earlier than normal and then had Reynolds/Dunn targeted b/c of their high BB totals.

C: JP Arencibia
1B: Adam Dunn
2B: Rickie Weeks
3B: Mark Reynolds
SS: Danny Espinosa
LF: Bryce Harper
CF: Desmond Jennings
RF: Giancarlo Stanton
UTIL: Jay Bruce

BN: Andrelton Simmons
BN: Kevin Youkilis
BN: Starling Marte
BN: Juan Pierre

SP: Cole Hamels
SP: Gio Gonzalez
RP: Rafael Soriano
RP: Sergio Romo
P: Kenley Jansen
P: Vinnie Pestano
P: David Hernandez

BN: Matt Moore
BN: CJ Wilson
BN: Marco Estrada
BN: Matt Harrison

There's so much power up and down my line-up, it is hard for me to imagine losing HR/RBI very often at all. i think SB might be a weak spot for me at times. I think my pitching is well-balanced though.
Jwalk100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Jwalk100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 8:56pm
i like that team. you shouldnt do too bad in sb.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 7:09am
Great power but 200 BA.
jmleko View Drop Down

Quote jmleko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 9:22am
BA will hurt you in exchange for the HRs and RBIs.  Between Dunn, Reynolds, and JP, and Espinoza, they will be lucky to hit a combined .220.  And you need to get on base to score runs.  Look for some contact hitters with a good EYE in FA.  I would put in Simmons for Espinoza right now.
bigball213 View Drop Down

Quote bigball213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 11:07am
Yeah If i were u i look to the waiver wire to increase ur batting avg.. ur team suks dude

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by bigball213

Yeah If i were u i look to the waiver wire to increase ur batting avg.. ur team suks dude

it's head 2 head, and i originally stated that i punted batting average. Thanks for your input.

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by jmleko

BA will hurt you in exchange for the HRs and RBIs.  Between Dunn, Reynolds, and JP, and Espinoza, they will be lucky to hit a combined .220.  And you need to get on base to score runs.  Look for some contact hitters with a good EYE in FA.  I would put in Simmons for Espinoza right now.

Yeah, with BB as a scoring category i targeted Dunn (100+ BB) and Reynolds (75ish BB) specifically. I think Reynolds is going to bounce back this year in the power department.

.220 is fine for me as long as i get the HR's and RBI's that come with it.

And my plan is to platoon Simmons and Espinosa. Let Espinosa sit against tough pitching match-ups

Edited by astrosfanatic - 24 Mar 2013 at 12:13pm
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 6:29pm
Yeah...I can see you're not worried about the BA.  I have Dunn on my team and have for years now, so obviously I like him.  I think you end up going with Youk in your line up rather than Reynolds, he goes through some vast stretches of goose eggs and KO's.  It gets painful to watch good stats sit on your beach while waiting for his 4-6 days volcanic island of power, followed by another ocean of crap.
Nice outfield.  Hope you didn't reach for Weeks.

Overall, pretty good solid team.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.