RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Draft strategy with Minors guys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
copemoney View Drop Down

Quote copemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Draft strategy with Minors guys
    Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 10:58am
Hey,

So my 11 team NL keeper league (keep for 2 at same price, 2x 3rd year- must drop in 4th year) auction is this weekend and wanted to get some insight into how you all would deal with the young studs that aren't yet optioned to the Minors.  After the auction we have a 3 round Minors snake draft that assigns a $5 price tag for 2 years with no 3rd year option.

In our league for the draft, they have to be on a MLB roster in order for them to be called to auction, but since the draft is this weekend and not next, most of the studs will still be on the roster.

So guys like Billy Hamilton, Oscar Taveras, Shelby Miller (though he might make squad anyway), d'Arnaud, etc. are available to bid on

My question is, should I target these players even though most will have minimal impact in 2013, but guys I could trade later this year for studs (I've won this league 2 years in a row), or should I avoid them and just focus on getting players that can impact my team in 2013 and not look to the future (11 team NL only gets pretty shallow towards the latter half of the draft)
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 11:35am
I take a few young guys.
copemoney View Drop Down

Quote copemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 4:36pm
And about an hour ago, Hamilton got optioned lol
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.