RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Keeper confused

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cshedeed View Drop Down

Quote cshedeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keeper confused
    Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 7:33am
im ina keeper league. you can keep them as long as you want. whoever i give up will be gone and off my team.  i am keeping Harper.  i was leaning toward Cargo but now maybe Posey because he is 25 and position depth also.  Cargo or Posey?
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 9:45am
Cargo.
stew61 View Drop Down

Quote stew61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 10:25am
Cargo, no question.
Jwalk100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Jwalk100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 4:48pm
cargo
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 10:47am
I'm going to buck the trend and say Posey. Cargo has plateaued a bit. His last two seasons he has hit .295 and .303, with 26 and 22 homers. He hasn't reached 100 rbi in either season, and only put up 85 last year. He is nice enough to chip in 20 steals every year. He has missed 62 games over the past two seasons as well. I just thought I'd throw that in there for those that worry about Posey's injury history.

Posey hit .336 with 24 homers, 103 rbi, 78 runs as a 25 year old catcher. That .336 plays better than most catcher, too, because he gets additional ABs at first base. He had 530 ab last year, which is more than most catchers will ever get. His value is huge at his position. You can't replace him.

Cargo is a great player, but there a few outfielders as good or better than him, and you can't say that for Posey.

Lastly, Posey has put up his numbers in a bad hitter's park. Cargo has done his damage at Coors. If Cargo were ever to leave Coors, his numbers would decline. I don't think Posey would ever leave San Fran, but if he did, it would be an improvement.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.