RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

The Famous rate my team

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sharard View Drop Down

Quote Sharard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Famous rate my team
    Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 2:26pm
This is my very first year playing any type of roto type baseball, always done football.

Please rate my draft as to when draft my second team, doing 2 teams, where i went wrong. this draft is 10 team 5 x 5.. next one prolly be a 12 under same format that i list below  thnak you for any input.

Starters
C- Mike Napoli
C- A.J. Perzinski
1B- Billy Butler
2B-Jose Altuve
3B-Evan Longeria
SS- Troy Tulowitzki
OF-Ryan Braun
OF-Ryan Ludwick
OF- Juan Pierre
OF- Alfonso Soriano
OF- Mark Trumbo
CR-David Freese
MI-Mark Scutaro
UT-Kyle Seager

P-Ian Kennedy
P-Josh Beckett
P-R.A. Dickey
P-Trevor Cahill
P-Kyle Lohse
P-Craig Kimbrel-r
P-Housten Street-r
P-Ryan Volgleson
P-Romo Sergio-r

Bench-Chris Davis
 Chris Johnson
Juirikson profar
Scott Baker
Jonathen Braxton-r

I know i did some dumb picks so open to what I need to learn better, think waited on pitching to late. Thanks for any advice. This is with Masters fantasy baseball league set up.  PS - r was to classify relief pitcher and Loshe was a computer pick towards end when i went LD for a moment.

Edited by Sharard - 13 Mar 2013 at 2:32pm
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 4:05pm
Like the hitting and the closers. SP looks a little weak for a ten teamer imo. Pretty luck longoria and tulo made it to you late 2nd and early 3rd.
LOCOMEX1026 View Drop Down

Quote LOCOMEX1026 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 1:15pm
Solid team really good offense. Your bullpen is solid as well. If Dickey has another Cy Young run and if Ian Kennedy can pitch like 2011 your team will be great. I predict Beckett to rebound as well i think thats a great late round pick up
jameson5 View Drop Down

Quote jameson5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 5:20pm
Need way more speed   Speed and power outfielders 5 deep.   Cespedes. Upton. Mcutcheon. Players like that. Speed at 2b ss.   Reyes. Kipnis.   Load up on closers.    They can always be traded. Everybody wants em and nobody want to trade em and worry about the rest on the way to the title.        EZ
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 6:12pm
I disagree with "loading up on closers" and that "they can always be traded." They lose their jobs more readily than any other position in baseball. Your top notch closer can turn into waiver wire fodder in a heartbeat.

I recommend loading up on high K, low whip starting pitchers, grab one really good closer and a few closers-to-be that also have great K and whip numbers. This way, you win K's, WHIP and possibly ERA, you don't finish with 1 point and perhaps end up middle-of-the-road in saves. If there's one category you can almost ignore, and still win, it's saves.

I'd rather have guys like Kenley Jansen, David Robertson and Ernesto Frieri in my bullpen than many of the closers on the market.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 10:26pm
I like to load up on closers. Just not taking them early. But I love to get 5-6 of them in drafts.
jameson5 View Drop Down

Quote jameson5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 11:20pm
Thought everything u said was already common sense. Five toolers and stud relievers. All day
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.109 seconds.