RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Serious but FREE ESPN mixed 5x5 leag PLEASE READ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nik Mischous View Drop Down

Quote Nik Mischous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Serious but FREE ESPN mixed 5x5 leag PLEASE READ
    Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 11:29pm

Hello Everyone

My name is Mike & I run a 5x5 mixed ESPN league that’s now in our 5th year.  We have a core of 7 players that have been together for all 4 years but we would like to fill out our league at 10 or 12, so I need to find 3-5 more players.

Even though it’s a free league we are serious and follow and manage our teams the whole way through. I even do write up’s and a “pre season preview” etc that gives predictions and builds on the stories from the previous years. I also keep league records for all time total points & records for each category etc. For instance I award a “Lou Brock Golden Shoe” trophy for the All Time Stolen Base record but a “Lou Brock Silver Shoe” trophy for the highest total Stolen Bases for that particular year. In addition I award a Ricky Henderson Golden Plate for the All Time Runs record and The Hank Aaron Golden Bat for the all Time HR total, you get the point, there are all time records for every category. It’s all easily managed and tracked on the site if you are familiar with ESPN.

Anyway I like to keep the league fun by doing write ups and tracking records just to add to the experience. If you are interested in joining I’ll share with you our records and send you a copy of the last “season preview” to give you an idea of the content and what the league is about.

To be honest I’d make it a money league but a few core members just don’t want to put up cash, and I’m not going to force them to or put it up for them. Last year a few of us did side bets with each other (whoever finished higher) which satisfies this if you are interested. If not its fine, like I said it’s a free league but if you are interested in joining we really need you to take it seriously and follow and manage your team the whole year.

All of us are in our mid to late 30’s so I’d prefer the same age group. This is simply because I want to deal with mature adults.

If you are interested please email me a little bit about yourself and your experience with Fantasy baseball.  Again, I’d really like to find a few good players that stay with us for many years and beyond and become core players.

Thank you & looking forward to your responses & a fun year

Mike

Email address = mbd@oticonusa.com

Quote Nik Mischous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 11:46am
Hey guys we just added a team we only need 2-4 more. Please write if you have any interest. I'll be hapy to provide additional info.

Because it was already asked, it's not a keeper league, we redraft year after year, and it's a snake draft. The order is randomly determined by the site a few hours before draft. Again I'm happy to answer any additional questions you may have.

Thank you
Mike

Quote Nik Mischous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 7:02pm
Ok guys just added another team, now need 1-3 more. Please let me know if anyone else is interested.

Thank you

Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.046 seconds.