RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Keepers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
murrayotl View Drop Down

Quote murrayotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keepers
    Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 9:46am
Hi In a 5 by 5 league I have 12 keepers to keep.I made list of some potential keeper thoughts. l can use some help. Minors are free this year goung to 5 ML and 10 reserves (picked after aucton) no salary cap hit. Here is a list,. Thank You Thank You John
    Murlocks 260
pos #   $
C   S. Perez (KC 10
C    Lucroy (MIL) 3
1B   K.Morales(SEA) 10
3B      
CO      
2B      
SS      
MI      
UT   V.Martinez(DET) 4
OF   J.Ellsbury(BOS) 32
OF   A. Craig(STL) 1
OF   B.Revere (PHI) 9
OF    
OF      

P   B.Morrow(TOR) 11
P   A.Wainwright 4
P   J.Samardzija 6
P   D.Holland (KC) 4
P   F.Rodney (TB) 1
P   A.Reed(CHI A) 4
P   C.Capuans(LA) 9
P   A. Cashner(SD) 4
P   Eramus Ramirez 1
  -23   -147
RV      
RV      
RV      
RV      
RV      
RV      
RV      
RV      
RV      
RV      
FM   Gary Brown 0
FM   Archie Bradley 0
FM   Taijaun Walker 0
lipsgardner View Drop Down

Quote lipsgardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 12:33pm
the top 3 starters the 3 closers, craig, vmart, perez, ellsbury, morales, and either revere or a free taijaun. how many teams in the league?
murrayotl View Drop Down

Quote murrayotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 2:23am
murrayotl View Drop Down

Quote murrayotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 2:33am
Catchers at a premium.   1 goes dow aqnf you have pickups or a John Buck type.I'm having argument with partner over 3 catchers keeping them Martinez great but can he stay healthy.Morales might be odd out going to Seattle.Thanks for answer have do sow more thinking. Thanks John
murrayotl View Drop Down

Quote murrayotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 2:38am
Forgot we have Trout 11 for 3 yeard
dencal View Drop Down

Quote dencal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 12:08pm
I like Craig for sure.  V Martinez if your league allows him at C.  My league takes allows him since he had 26 starts at C his last season of play.
drdrey View Drop Down

Quote drdrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 6:55pm
who would you keep Michael Morse at 1$ of Aaron Hill at 6$
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 9:49am
Hill at 6. Plays the shallower position and I don't trust hitters in SafeCo

as to this thread and the original question, here is the 12 i would keep

Morrow
Wainwright
Samardzija
Holland
Rodney
Reed
Perez
LuCroy
Morales or Ellsbury
Craig
V-Mart
Walker

You have some steals with Craig at 1 and Wainwright at 4. Ellsbury at 32 is tough to swallow. That 10-15 dollars more than i would even think about paying for him. Honestly, i would never draft/acquire him b/c of the injury history and lack of track record. However, i can understand your team needing an elite hitter. So if you are a risk-taker then Ellsbury can be kept because 2011 Ellsbury is worth $32. However, i think Ellsbury is extremely unlikely to repeat 2011. Assuming health, a .280-15 HR-90 R-40 SB season is not out of the question. Those would certainly be great numbers, but not worth 32 dollars in a mixed league.

Maybe the extra value you get from Craig/Wainwright would cover that high cost from Ellsbury.

Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.109 seconds.