FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Draft Strategy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jwalk100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Jwalk100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Draft Strategy
    Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:24pm
I am looking for draft strategy ideas.

I am in a keeper league. You draft the team and after the season you keep 5 players. Of the players you keep you lose that draft position minus one. Example: You keep Allen Craig and he was drafted in the 5th you lose your 4th rd pick. All first round picks cannot be kept. It is a 5x5.
lipsgardner View Drop Down

Quote lipsgardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 7:36am
With such a small amount of keepers I wouldnt change much in the 1st 15 rounds or so, but the back half of the draft I would take more youthful upside than solid production. i.e. I would draft a Julio Teheran over a Tim Hudson.  I would take Tyler Colvin and Lorenzo Cain over Berkman and Cuddyer. But you have to win now, and you shouldn't have any issue finding 5 keepers, so don't go crazy
Serotonin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Serotonin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 12:17pm
I agree with the above.
Serotonin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Serotonin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 12:17pm
One of my leagues does 4 keepers forever and no draft pick compensation.
Serotonin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Serotonin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 12:18pm
My advice is to just draft the best players and at the end of the year you should have 5 guys you want to keep.
Jwalk100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Jwalk100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 7:10pm
Thanks guys. Appreciate the insight.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.031 seconds.