RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Final Keeper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Final Keeper
    Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 7:59pm
12 team, 5x5 mixed league. 7 keepers. No contracts, and players can be kept forever. I have an awesome group of keepers. 6 are etched in stone, but the 7th is tough.

The top 6:

Robinson Cano
Mike Trout
Giancarlo Stanton
Justin Upton
Clayton Kershaw
David Price

Now the tough part...pick ONE of the following:

Brett Lawrie
Adam Wainwright
Wil Myers
Billy Hamilton

I think I'm going with Lawrie. 3rd base, young guy with 5 tools, playing on a big time offense. But...Adam Wainwright would round out a great pitching trio.

The two prospects would be gambles, obviously, but I've never been afraid to sit on a prospect a while. I expect Myers to be up in early to mid-May, and Hamilton sometime after the break, maybe as late as September.

So, who would you keep?

Oh, and if you want to get your new CBS League at 50% off, you can use my referral at http://cbssports.com/ref/46718070 

You get the league for 89.95 and I get a referral check. So, let's stick it to CBS!  Clap

Edited by lvtdude - 02 Feb 2013 at 2:33pm
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 8:49pm
Lawrie
negan50 View Drop Down

Quote negan50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 11:36pm
I keep Lawrie as well. I like the balance you will have with 2 OF, 2 INF & 2 SP. Plus you already have a very young group of keepers so keeping prospects is not as important in your situation IMO.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013 at 6:34am
Lawrie.You have two starters and three OF of the six you are keeping which makes this decision easier.
bowanb View Drop Down

Quote bowanb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 10:26am
Trade Upton and Stanton for Braun or another top 5 or so player.  Then keep that player Lawrie and Wainright.  Or do a Upton/Lawrie for Top 3b or something like that.  Go get a top guy and trade your overhyped, oft injured guys to get them!
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 9:29am
Trade opportunities are limited, since all of out trades have to be of even numbers of players and all traded players must be kept. I can't go trading 5 players for 2, or even 2 for 1.  The rule keeps strong teams like mine from getting even stronger, and ensures the depth players from strong teams make it into the draft.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 12:14pm
Plus with only 5 keepers I doubt anyone needs an extra keeper and would trade their best one for two guys. Remember that person would be trading Braun and his 5th keeper for those two. Not just Braun.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 12:24pm
It's 7 keepers, but LABLUE's comment is on the money.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 8:18am
I suck at math.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.