RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

NL only Keeper Trade- how'd I do

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
copemoney View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 271
  Quote copemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NL only Keeper Trade- how'd I do
    Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 10:37am
Did a trade just now.. 11 team NL Only 4x4 roto keeper league (no Runs/Ks)

Gave up:  Allen Craig $10

Got:  Rickie Weeks $20, Madison Bumgarner $22, Rafael Betancourt $20, Matt Adams $10


Liked Craig, but think Weeks, Bum are below value, and I'd now have 3 closers with Betancourt (only 11 NL teams- so should take saves)

Thoughts?
Back to Top
astrosfanatic View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 803
  Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 10:55am
depends on your cap situation. If you can afford all of those players, then it is definitely a good deal. Craig is a health risk. I am surprised to see Adams at $10 considering he has yet to really accomplish anything. Someone must have been desperate for a prospect. Bummy's greatest asset is his K/9, but that doesn't count in your settings. But he is strong in the other areas as well. And with it being NL-only, i guess that would make him undervalued at 22
Back to Top
copemoney View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 271
  Quote copemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 11:13am
Originally posted by astrosfanatic

depends on your cap situation. If you can afford all of those players, then it is definitely a good deal. Craig is a health risk. I am surprised to see Adams at $10 considering he has yet to really accomplish anything. Someone must have been desperate for a prospect. Bummy's greatest asset is his K/9, but that doesn't count in your settings. But he is strong in the other areas as well. And with it being NL-only, i guess that would make him undervalued at 22


Adams was FA pickup (assigned salary of $10)  League has huge inflation due to keepers- but standard $260 cap with 14 H (2 C, 5 OF, 1 U), 9 P
Back to Top
LABLUE View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 04 May 2001
Posts: 5010
  Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 12:07pm
Don't usually comment on auction things since I don't play them but 10 for Craig seemed like a great deal over a guy like Weeks for 20 or Bum for 22.
Back to Top
copemoney View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 271
  Quote copemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by LABLUE

Don't usually comment on auction things since I don't play them but 10 for Craig seemed like a great deal over a guy like Weeks for 20 or Bum for 22.


Yea, inflation is huge in our league.. Craig would have gone for 20-25 so there was def. value there..

To compare.. Phillips went for 23, Hill/Espinosa 20 (Hill was kept from 10), Walker 19.. Uggla went for 31 last year Smile to Weeks at 20 is right there with the top 5-6 2B

Bum would go for 25- Kershaw went for 33, Lee 29, Hamels 31 LY

And with 11 teams and 15 teams now, Saves are at a premium- getting 3- Putz, Marmol, Betancourt- puts me in prime position to take Saves and trade for other needs later in the year, even if Marmol loses the job in July
Back to Top
astrosfanatic View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 803
  Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 5:42pm
Marmol might not have the job after Spring Training. didnt they sign that Japanese reliever??
Back to Top
copemoney View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 271
  Quote copemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 8:45am
Originally posted by astrosfanatic

Marmol might not have the job after Spring Training. didnt they sign that Japanese reliever??


Yep, but doubt he wins it right out of ST, esp. how Marmol finished the season
Back to Top
LABLUE View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 04 May 2001
Posts: 5010
  Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 11:28am
I like Marmol to start as the closer then it is up to him to keep it.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

  Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.