RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Pop Up Ads????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pop Up Ads????
    Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 9:02am
I spend about $60 per year on rotowire, and don't appreciate being greeted by a giant pop-up ad for a research survey. When I stop paying money to view the site, then rotowire can start throwing ads in my face.

Add a comment below if you agree, fellow rotowire users!

(If you think this is poor use of the forum, just remember, it's no worse than being solicited by a product you pay for.)
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 9:05am
I don't get a pop up so not sure what you are talking about. But I would not like them if it did happen.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 9:33am
I use Firefox with AdBlock Plus, and get very few ads. I really hate advertising, especially on a pay site. Today, I came to rotowire and there was a pop-up for something called "scorecard research" that covered 3/4 of the page. Maybe they are doing it randomly? 

I can see using a pop-up for the people that aren't logged in to rotowire, but if you're a subscriber, and you are logged in, you shouldn't be subject to such things.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 1:55am
I agree lvt but haven't seen pop ups on the site either...
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 4:46pm
It must be a random occurence.
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 4:54pm
i agree with you lvt, but like the others havent had it happen......yet.
thepearl-673 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote thepearl-673 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 8:22pm
I also use firefox, but use AVG for pop up blocking. I've never seen a pop up on rotowire, and I'm on here everyday. I wonder if your Adblock is working.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 8:45pm
I only saw it once, and I haven't had any issues elsewhere. I really don't think there's anything wrong with my Adblock and it's up to date. I'm glad no one else has had it happen. I'm chalking this up to a freak occurrence.
smckeown View Drop Down

Quote smckeown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 8:56am
LVT - Shannon McKeown here. I'm the Director of Ad Sales for the site. We don't purposely run any pop-up advertising, but occasionally one pop-up might sneak through a third-party ad network. Don't hesitate to contact me directly (shannon@rotowire.com) with a screenshot if this ever happens to you again.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.203 seconds.