RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Mixed Dynasty League Startup $50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
brad_hickey View Drop Down

Quote brad_hickey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mixed Dynasty League Startup $50
    Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 6:17pm
<>

Doubleday League is a mixed league dynasty league (had recently been advertised as an AL-Only league) that features FAAB-styled free agent bidding and a system that requires owners to manage contracts, salary caps and allows for the acquisition of minor league/international players.

This league has a $58 entry fee ($50 league fee and $8 Onroto.com fee managed through Leaguesafe), with 60%  of league fees going to the 1st place winner, 30% to the 2nd place winner and 10% to the 3rd place winner. Doubleday has a thorough league constitution and is only interested in experienced, respectful, and mature FBB owners who are interested in participating in a very competitive and long-term league. Because standard providers such as ESPN or Yahoo do not offer the sort of flexibility needed for a fully fleshed out dynasty experience, Doubleday is facilitated by Onroto.com.

Other highlights of Doubleday include:

-       5x5 rotisserie scoring system

-       Detailed readouts and top-rate managerial tools provided by Onroto.com

-       Experienced commissioner with 15+ years of fantasy baseball experience

-     Online Auction Draft

-     Active lineups require: 2C, 1b, 2b, 3b, SS, 5xOF, CI, MI 1 Util; 5sp, 4rp.

-     10 minor league/international player reserve list per team.

-     Annual minor league/free agent draft

If you want a league that offers owners a chance to engage at a deeper level of complexity without giving up your normal life, this league may be for you. Any interested owners can contact me at brad_hickey@yahoo.com for further details.

Looking forward to a great year,
Brad

Edited by brad_hickey - 24 Jan 2013 at 12:02pm
tao92804 View Drop Down

Quote tao92804 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 9:15pm
I am interested in getting more information on your league. 
This is a mixed AL/NL league?  How does a dynasty league differ from a regular Roto league?

Quote brad_hickey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 6:27am
A dynasty league has to do with being able to keep players on your roster from year to year (at slightly increased costs) managing a salary cap and a minor league system as well. Bottom line is that it is more complex and longer term than redraft leagues etc. If you have any more questions or want to join just email me at brad_hickey@yahoo.com and I'll help you out. Thanks!

Brad

Quote brad_hickey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 6:31am
6 spots have been filled, 6 more to go!
Axehole View Drop Down

Quote Axehole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 10:32am
Would it be possible to get a complete overview of all the rules, durations, trades, waivers, etc.? I'm very interested, I haven't used onroto before but like how it sounds. Thanks Leif

Quote brad_hickey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 11:39am
Sure! I think that is perfectly reasonable. If you would permit me, I would be happy to send you our league constitution which has our procedures, bylaws etc. Would you like me to send it to you?

Regards,
Brad

Quote brad_hickey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 6:59am
League Update: 7/12 spots filled. 
negan50 View Drop Down

Quote negan50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 8:44am
Still got openings?

Quote brad_hickey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 10:01am
I apologize - this league was filled shortly before you had posted/PM'd.

You sound like a good owner and we would have liked to have you in the league. Even though that didn't work out, thanks for your interest and best of luck this season!  :)

Regards,
Brad
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.