FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Target Player(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mike gottlieb View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote mike gottlieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Target Player(s)
    Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 11:59am
Hey Everyone -

Who is the one player that you are going to target in every draft this season and why?
copemoney View Drop Down

Quote copemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 12:16pm
NL Only... for the most part, stick with the proven player off bad year theory..

Ike Davis- really unlucky LY and still hit 30+ HRs

Josh Becket- New life in his LA starts- might be undervalued based on last couple seasons in Boston

Kung Fu Panda- Injuries hurt him- no reason he can't hit .300 with 25 HRs in 2013

Freddie Freeman- think he takes another step forward

Ian Kennedy- Average and unlucky 2012- won't hit 2011 #'s, but should be devalued based on LY

Brandon McCarthy- ? is can he stay healthy.. solid ERA/WHIP with potential to hit 13-14 wins if he makes 25-28 starts
wolverineca View Drop Down

Quote wolverineca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 5:32pm

I'm mostly in keeper leagues so if I had to pick one besides the obvious choices I'm going to say Wil Myers or Billy Hamilton.  I would be very happy landing one of these guys on each of my teams.  Have them both on one team already.  Hamilton might not see time this year but in a keeper league he is a great addition to a rebuilding team.

STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 6:20pm
Tim Lincecum-- Think you can get him at a bargain rate and will be more of the old Timmy then last seasons version..
Adam Wainwright he is back!!!
Paul Goldschmidt think he will be monster
Josh Rutledge.Hitting at the top of the lineup should produce many runs.
Agree with Cope on Freeman and Myers too..
lipsgardner View Drop Down

Quote lipsgardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 7:06pm
I think Cuddyer will be a value this year.. if he stays healthy 280 25 90 is very reachable, In a rotisserie league I love Adam Eaton as a 4th outfielder
I definitely agree on Wainwright and Goldschmidt
Matt Moore wont be a late round pick but as a bit of a post hype guy he will far out perform his ADP
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 8:57pm
I think Brett Lawrie busts out this season.  Much like Jason Heyward, he fell short of year 2 projections, but will be huge in his 3rd. That lineup in Toronto is going to be even better. I can't see how he doesn't succeed.

Dayan Viciedo quietly popped 25 homers while everyone was enjoying the Trout/ Harper show. He could easily reach 30, and nobody I know is high on him.

I really like Adam Eaton. As long as he starts, I expect a high average, a lot of runs and a good amount of steals. He had a .382 OBP in his audition last season and his minor league numbers are off the charts.

Jedd Gyorko. Excellent minor league stats, and playing at 2B. After the handful of good 2B's are off the board, he's my go to guy.

Wil Myers- just like everyone else.

Brett Anderson looked great coming back from injury, and I expect that to continue.

Adam Wainwright returns to his Cy Young contender status.

Tony Cingrani. Awesome minor league numbers. Excellent command. I like him to start 20 or more games this season.

I think Jason Kipnis becomes the #2 second baseman in baseball.

Will Middlebrooks begins his assault on the AL East.

Jay Bruce hits 40 bombs and his average improves.

Tyler Colvin and Dexter Fowler become hot commodities.

Zack Wheeler and Danny Hultzen make runs at their respective leagues' ROY awards.

Greg Holland becomes a top 5 closer.

Kenley Jansen wins his job back before June.

Giancarlo Stanton becomes a Tiger in a blockbuster deal involving Nick Castellanos, Rick Porcello and Avisail Garcia.

That's what I'm thinking for 2013.

Edited by lvtdude - 18 Jan 2013 at 9:01pm
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 9:01pm
I think you just named your entire dynasty team.....lol
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by LABLUE

I think you just named your entire dynasty team.....lol

I have those guys for a reason! And, I knew you'd notice that.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 9:11pm
I even like the last line. Nice dream for a Tiger fan.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by LABLUE

I even like the last line. Nice dream for a Tiger fan.

At one time, Miguel Cabrera as a Tiger was a dream. Don't underestimate Dave Dombrowski and Mike Ilitch.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 9:14pm
It would take Cabrera to get young stud Stanton. Your offer to FLA sounds like a Yak Attack offer. lol

Edited by LABLUE - 18 Jan 2013 at 9:15pm
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by lvtdude

I think Jason Kipnis becomes the #2 second baseman in baseball.

There's a few things that really scare me about Kipnis:

.215 vs. LHP
.233 w/ 3 HR in 2nd half
.205 when behind in the count
31 SB was nice but his previous career high was 17. He strikes me as a guy who will sit in the 20's. Still nice, but 31 seems to be the high water mark

The .215 against LHP is what scares me the most. That paired with the horrible 2nd half tells me that pitchers made an adjustment to him and he wasn't able to adjust back.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 9:16pm
I think his 2nd half is closer to who he is then his first half.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 9:16pm
B. Anderson is a guy I like if he can K more guys.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 9:25pm
I said the Stanton deal was involving those 3 players, not limited to them. Besides, that package isn't much different than the Maybin, Miller, Badenhop package that landed Cabrera and Dontrelle. 
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 11:25pm
R. Halladay if he goes as late as I have seen him in a few drafts.

Goldschmidt and Medlen are the two hype guys this year that people will call sleepers. If they fall far enough I like them both.

Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.141 seconds.