RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Need teams for rotisserie NL only

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rdktsi View Drop Down

Quote rdktsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need teams for rotisserie NL only
    Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 5:11am
We need a couple of teams for a long standing 5X5 auction draft  NL only limited keeper league. We use the Rotisserie rules, i.e. salary cap, free agent bidding, waivers, contract years, roster expansion, etc. This league has been in existence for 15+ years. Current team owners are from Los Angelos, New Jersey, North Carolina, and Florida. Low entry fee and transaction fee deposit required. Rotisserie experience is important as the owners are experienced and dedicated.
negan50 View Drop Down

Quote negan50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 8:18pm
Would like some details, please. I have been playing for three years; I am in one keeper league and one auction league so I am a beginner. Most of my experience is rotisserie scoring. I have played in AL only and would like to join an NL only league. I grew up as a Cubs fan so I have a attachment to the National League.

1. Is existing team being taken by new owner?
2. Date of draft?
3. Entry and deposit?

I am a dedicated player and I am looking to join more competitive leagues with more experienced players. Looking for the challenge of playing in more advanced leagues. Almost all my teams have been on Yahoo so I will give you access to my profile if you like.
rdktsi View Drop Down

Quote rdktsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 6:28am
Thanks for your reply. You sound like you're ezxactly what we're looking for. This league has been around for over 15 years. Most of the guys have been playing for over 10. We used to have an AL also, but lost some players and dropped it. The guys like the NL game better without the DH. We use almost strict Rotisserie rules. (right out of the handbook). We use 5X5 categories. We use an auction draft by conference call (last year a guy was in China on business and stayed up all night to draft). players have a 3 year contract, with the right to eextend the contract up to 3 years at $5 in salary a year. We use 10 pitchers and 15 hitters, although the shift of Houston to the AL may cause a drop to a 24 player roster. Our entry fee is $150 with a $150 deposit for transactions, i.e. free agent bidding on Sunday night, trades, roster expansion on September 1, etc. We have two teams available. If you are interested in taking a look, email me at rmsdb@mindspring.com, and I'll have the commish send you the link for access to our league (CBS Sportsline). We have 15 keepers, although might go down also. Also, a financial concession could be made if that is needed toi attract a new guy. Honestly, new guys tend to lose interest and stop playing mid season, which hurts everyone. There are a lot of rules in Rotisserie and I'm always available for explanation (I was the AL commish for years). The Commish is also available. We have players in Florida (league started with IBM'ers there), North Carolina, New Jersey, and Los Angelos. If you decide to take a look, the salary years have not been updated, so 3/3 contracts are now free agents. There are always a ton of free agents including cuts for having too high of salaries (salary cap is $280). We also have up to 3 rookies. We have a rookie draft after the regular auction.
I hope to hear from you. Sorry about the delay. I thought I would get automatic notice of replies.
elman52 View Drop Down

Quote elman52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 6:28pm
I run a 4x4, 12 team NL only league, live/in person auction on Long Island...cost is $300 all in.
Email me @ eagreenberg52@gmail.com if interested.  Thanks
bgemin View Drop Down

Quote bgemin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 1:59pm
Please let me know if you are still looking for a team. I've spent 20+ years in an NL-only auction keeper league. Also, I may have missed it in the email thread, but when are you drafting?

Thanks.
Lee Millward View Drop Down

Quote Lee Millward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 7:23pm
I'm interested please send info to millwalg@airproducts.com.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.219 seconds.