RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Choose Two

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Choose Two
    Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 4:34am
Standard 5x5 scoring. 12 team league. We keep 8 players.

I am pretty set on keeping:

1. Prince Fielder
2. Carlos Gonzalez
3. Giancarlo Stanton
4. Brett Lawrie
5. Madison Bumgarner
6. Zach Greinke

So now i have to choose 2 of the following:

Austin Jackson, Elvis Andrus, Jason Motte, CJ Wilson, Miguel Montero

I should add that pitching seems to be kept a lot more often than it is in other keeper leagues i have been in. Each team will probably have 3 pitchers kept. I only include Motte because he did prove himself to be an elite option at closer last year.
Andy1300 View Drop Down

Quote Andy1300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 7:07am
Jackson and Andrus

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 7:49am
I am leaning towards those two for sure. I also was considering possibly trading Jackson and Montero/Motte for a better SP to keep with Bum and Greinke. Any thoughts on that idea?
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 7:52am
Jackson and Motte. There might be a few better MI/SS options in your draft then him. Motte is a top closer for me this year. Off the top of my head maybe only Kimbrel is better. In my draft like your closers fly off the board quick after 96 picks are kept.

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 8:32am
Andrus was my top pick last year and he really disappointed me. He was okay, but his SB numbers dipped and I was expecting closer to 100 Runs from him. He didn't come through at all.

The other thing with Motte that scares me is that St. Louis has a ton of flamethrowers in that pen that would fill in quite nicely if Motte struggles at all. He isn't as entrenched as a guy like Kimbrel or Papelbon. That said, i dont think he has a short leash or anything. He just isnt the only option they have in that St Louis bullpen.

I will definitely have to look at the MI depth when keepers are announced. The reason i took Andrus was because MI was so shallow last year. But guys like Desmond and Lowrie have emerged since and it isnt as shallow as it has been in year's past
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 8:47am
Your league is alot like my 10 team keeper where we keep 8 guys a year. We redraft from scratch every 5 years so it is not a long term keeper league. I have Andrus on my team right now also that I am not keeping. I like alot of MI that will be there for me in the expansion draft. Plus it helps I have Tulo and Cano as my other two mi keepers. But judge what will be left out there for you in the draft at MI. I expect Desmond, Utley, Altuve, Hill,Young, Weeks, Uggla, Rutledge all to be there and don't see Andrus much better than them. Yours is a bit harder with 12 teams.
thepearl-673 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote thepearl-673 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 8:16pm
If you use two catchers, Jackson and Montero. If you use one catcher, Jackson and Motte.
Jwalk100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Jwalk100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 1:43pm
Jackson and Andrus
tuttle.dan7 View Drop Down

Quote tuttle.dan7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 11:19pm
Jackson and Motte
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.