RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Draft Strategy for year 2 of dynasy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sosdog View Drop Down

Quote Sosdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Draft Strategy for year 2 of dynasy?
    Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 9:33am
Hi, newcomer here. In year 2 of 5 year dynasty. My team is in shambles. I need help with a draft strategy.

My first 4 picks are 1st, 6th, 20th, 21st

Im not sure which positions I should focus on. Ovi in the first is an obvious choice. When should I start trying to fill a D position or a G position? 6th and 20th? G first or D first?  I've heard I should leave centers for the first few picks because that position is so deep? Is this good advice? (any advice on a 2nd d man that I should keep after Chara?)

Thanks in advance

Lw - Daniel Sedin, Thomas Vanek, Sergei Kostysin, Tyler Ennis
C - Ollie Jokinen, Jeff Carter, Ryan Kesler, Ryan O'Reilly
Rw - Jason Pominville, Brian Little,
Defence - Zdeno Chara, Sheldon Souray, Jake Gardiner, Victor Hedman, James Wisniewski
Goalie - Cary Price

I can only protect 2 Lw, 2 Rw, 2 C, 2D, 1G

It's a 10 team league, one team folded so some the current crop of free agents is:
Alex Ovechkin, Jarome Iginla, Jonathon Toews, Dustin Byfuglien., Ryan Nugent Hopkins, Brian Campbell, Nail Yakapov

Kari Lehtonan, Jonas Hiller, Thomas Vokoun

Our scoring system is:
Goals (G) 2
Assists (A) 1.5
Plus/Minus (+/-) .5
Penalty Minutes (PIM) .25
Powerplay Points (PPP) 1
Shorthanded Goals (SHG) 2
Shorthanded Assists (SHA) 1.5

Goaltenders Stat CategoryValue
Wins (W)2
Goals Against (GA)-0.5
Saves (SV)0.115
Shutouts (SHO)4

dhoustonsmith View Drop Down

Quote dhoustonsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 1:19pm
Your right about taking Ovechkin with your first pick although he is not the slam dunk choice he once was, still for 48 games he is likely to be the safest bet to produce. With the 6th pick I would go with Byfuglien if your lucky enough for him to fall to you. The goalies are trickier Lehtonen has been solid when healthy the last 2 years but he still misses 3 weeks once or twice a season so I would rather have Byfuglien at 6. Hiller would be other choice at 6 after those two. He should get most of the starts but Victor Fasth will push him for time during the year and down the road could replace Hiller this year or next with a good start to his NHL career. If all 3 are gone look at Campbell at 6. Vokoun will play more games then usual with the compressed schedule and could really surprise if forced into a full time role but 6th is too high for him.

As far as who to keep besides Chara? Souray is a likely one year and done player so I would look at Wisniewski, then Gardiner and then Hedman. Hopes this helps. Best of luck with your team in 2013. Cheers, Darryl Houston Smith (defending CBSSports.com Experts Fantasy Hockey League Champion.)

Edited by dhoustonsmith - 10 Jan 2013 at 7:20pm
Sosdog View Drop Down

Quote Sosdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 1:26pm
Thanks for the info. Looks like I'm on the right track.  If anyone else has input, I'm all ears.
tfulv View Drop Down

Quote tfulv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 7:13pm
Headman may be looking to finally breakout this year. He was tearing it up during the lockout.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.