RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Scoring for pitchers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
demond_fisher View Drop Down

Quote demond_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scoring for pitchers
    Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 12:06pm
I'm running a league for the third year in a row. The scoring system we have used for pitchers have put pitchers more valuable way more the batters. I need a few suggestion about a scoring system for pitcher that can keep the scoring and value close to even. Thanks !!

P.S. We use innings, K , BB , Runs, Hits , wins , saves, and quailty start and assing a points valus to these cats on pitchers.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 10:33pm
Is it head to head league?
demond_fisher View Drop Down

Quote demond_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 2:06pm
yes head to head league
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 2:52pm
I play h2h and we use 10 categories,5 hitting and 5 pitching to balance things out....we use W-L,S-B-BS,era,whip,and K's.for hitters we use avg.,hr,rbi,r,and sb-cs.This has worked well for 15 years!! good luck
Serotonin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Serotonin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 12:01pm
My h2h league uses categories. 7 x 7. Fr pitching we use wins, losses, era, whip, k, holds, and net saves. That really works for us.
Serotonin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Serotonin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 12:03pm
And actually it makes SPs a ill less valuable than hitters. A great hitter can contribute to all 7 hitting stats. While the best pitcher is only going to help you in 5 cats.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.109 seconds.