RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Hosmer or Goldschmidt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Andy1300 View Drop Down

Quote Andy1300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hosmer or Goldschmidt
    Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 5:18am
I can only keep one. Who would you keep and why?
Andy
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 7:53am
LVT would keep Hosmer just because he has a man crush on him. (as a matter of fact, i think he just traded for him in one of our leagues)

As for me, I would keep Goldschmidt. Bill James' predictions for him are .283 with 27 HR/105 R/109 RBI. Now the James' predictions aren't always true, but to me it says that James is at least predicting a big jump for Goldy. I tend to agree. After a horrible March/April, Goldy hit .300+ in every month (Except August- .232) thereafter. His power and run production was extremely steady throughout the season. He actually hit better away from Chase Field. <--- That's very curious, but being a hitter's park i don't think that will hold true in years to come.

His 20 HR were nice, but many people expected more since he had 38 and 35 the 2 prior years. However, he had 43 doubles last year, and as he gets older, i would expect 5-7 of those to become HR's. I guess that's where James got his 27 HR prediction from.

Hosmer's 2011 is super promising, but his 2012 was beyond disappointing. I don't think he is as bad as 2012, but i think we were all expecting him to be better than 2011 Hosmer was. That just might not happen. Maybe 2011 Hosmer is what we should have expected all along. 2011 Hosmer was good though! I dont want to take anything away from him there, but i just dont know if he can be any better than .290 with 15-20 HR and 90ish RBI....

Edited by astrosfanatic - 28 Dec 2012 at 7:55am
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 8:03am
Goldschmidt.
Andy1300 View Drop Down

Quote Andy1300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 10:34am
Thanks guys
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 11:44pm
I traded Hosmer away, by the way. I gave Hos, M. Cain and Ramos for Posey, Lawrie and Ubaldo. (Ubaldo won't be a keeper for me, and Ramos wasn't either.)  I thought Lawrie and Hosmer were close, and Posey was worth more than Cain (though I do have a man-crush on Cain.)
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 8:33am
Originally posted by lvtdude

I traded Hosmer away, by the way. I gave Hos, M. Cain and Ramos for Posey, Lawrie and Ubaldo. (Ubaldo won't be a keeper for me, and Ramos wasn't either.)  I thought Lawrie and Hosmer were close, and Posey was worth more than Cain (though I do have a man-crush on Cain.)

ahhhh...misread that trade! Great trade for you in that case BTW
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 8:49am
Originally posted by astrosfanatic

Originally posted by lvtdude

ahhhh...misread that trade! Great trade for you in that case BTW

We were actually negotiating on a player instead of Ubaldo, and then I thought, "I'd better take it as is before he realizes I'm getting the better end of the deal."
egold3 View Drop Down

Quote egold3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Andy1300

I can only keep one. Who would you keep and why?Andy
Goldschmidt
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 3:00am
Goldschmidt..
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.125 seconds.