RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

trade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trade
    Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 12:37pm
20 team, 20 keeper league. 6x6 with holds and OPS added in. Some of you are in this league...

i give: C Travis d'Arnaud and 1B Adam Dunn

i receive: OF Andre Ethier and SP Matt Harvey

My team is really void of decent starting pitching. Catchers come at a premium in this league since we start 2 catchers, but i already have Salvador Perez. Ethier is younger than Dunn and has similar OPS and run producing numbers with a better BA...

It stings to give up d'Arnaud, but his knee injury scares me a little bit. I think i win the Ethier for Dunn slightly and he wins the d'Arnaud for Harvey slightly...hopefully it works out for the both of us...
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 1:10pm
Tough call depends on how highly you regard Harvey.Its fair for sure

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 1:28pm
he does have one thing going for him ---> he shares his name with my son
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by astrosfanatic

he does have one thing going for him ---> he shares his name with my son

I noticed you traded for your "son" in our ESPN league. It will be fun to root for him, eh?

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 2:23pm
it's an added bonus....

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 6:49pm
you know....the more i read up on d'Arnaud, the more glad i am that i made this trade. I totally forgot about his back problems in 2010. Then the knee problems last year. I think Harvey is going to be a solid 8.5 K/9 pitcher next year and then a decent ERA (3.80ish)...the sky is the limit for him

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 7:14pm
Same league, new trade

I give: Jose Altuve

I get: Mike Moustakas ; Leonys Martin

I don't know how to feel about this one beng a big Astros fan. BUT, watching Altuve play all year last year as much as i did, he wore down big time after the All-Star break. He just wasn't the same player. I think his small frame (5'8" if you are being generous) just doesn't help him in this regard.

In the meantime, Moustakas plays 3rd and plays it better than anyone i had last year or who will be avaliable. He originally offered me Wilton Lopez, but i wanted a guy back who would help off-set the loss of SB from Altuve's absence. I figure MArtin's time is going to be this year as long as the Rangers don't go out and sign Michael Bourn.

Good deal? Bad deal? Even deal?
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 7:25pm
I liked your deal. I like Moose as much, if not more, than Altuve. Martin's an added bonus.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.