RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Flex week 16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flex week 16
    Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 3:41am
Okay I THOUGHT I had a no brainer. Last week I had Owens,Ballard,and Williams(a few other but these are the 3 I got down to) This week It is an obvious statement that only two have earned the right for consideration. I found Fantasy Pro last week. Seen it before but never used it. It said Ballard(guessing the exact numbers are in another post) 78/22 over Owens. So I did the Williams Ballard comparison. To my surprise 63/37 Williams. I didn't listen and they nailed it. Owens 5 FP Ballard 12 Williams 20 . Okay so why would the play be anything but Williams this week.? Two solid games. He is facing Oakland. I mean last week was the DW of old. Stewart is still out as far as I know. Ballard is facing K.C. Oakland gives up 5th most FP to RB K.C. gives up the 10th most. So I type the names in 73% Ballard 27% Williams. Oakland shuts a team out but it was K.C. Ballard gets 105 against Houston and the 2ns ranked run D. Do these two facts add up to this big of a difference. Power Rankings has Williams 12th and Ballard 18th. My flex guy can be Erickson's 12th ranked back. I don't think he is always right but he does a good job and when I am undecided I go look. He has decided many a coin flips. This wasn't a decision,I thought, I just wanted to see what he thought. What am I missing? I hate to discount the fantasy pro site after they nailed it last week. Especially with them overwhelmingly saying Ballard. Long I know but had to get all the info in there. 

Edited by hwd23 - 20 Dec 2012 at 3:41am
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 4:08am
Okay it just got even dumber. ESPN four say McCoy. I didn't mention him above because he was out last week. He will be starting and will get the most playing time,it is being reported, but Brown has earned some carries even if the last 2 weeks have knocked him down a little, and one or two 10 yard runs could keep McCoy watching. I do have to say I feel the best bet for a TD would be McCoy just based on his 5 this year and 20+ last year. He is a huge weapon as a receiver. A young QB wil check down to his RB a lot and McCoy in the open field is dangerous.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 8:22am
One thing scary about DW for me is he had that one big play when he caught a 45 yard TD catch. That won't happen often. Also how often does Cam rush for 7 yards and no td's on the ground. It took the perfect game for DW to get that total. I can't play McCoy this week unless he was all I had. Four carries and done would piss me off. I still Like Ballard.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 1:08pm
Okay. Agreed. Little more to consider. Not that you haven't but writing it out kind of helps me. Last week ask an expert gave the exact advice on Williams based on week 14. It was good advice. It was the first time he had shown life. Last week he had 93 yards rushing on 22 attempts. I don't think it is total coincidence that when Carolina said they were going to concentrate on running more,and doing it with one back getting more of the load, they turned things around. Safe to say he wil get 15 carries? McCoy I won't bring up(to much) because you have been clear on your opinion for 3 weeks. Benching McFadden his first week back cost me a lot of points. His backup ,as a total body, did better than Brown. Brown is one of only 4 backs to have 2 150 games so I get he has the most upside but he had 2 bad games where Reece had none. Now Ballard. I was pretty sure his line would look like 15-18 vcarries for 60-80 yards every week. Steady but not much upside. He had it all last week and proved to be a force. I mean you can't throw out the Houston part of it. Someone else still vultured the goal line carries. Here is where I presently am. Ballard is my safest play. McCoy and Williams are both huge talents with so much upside. I so want to play McCoy because he was my first round pick. With AP/Martin safe might be best.I could see nice lines for both. I agree MCoy is a huge risk because if he gets off to a slow start,or Brown a  fast one,we could be looking at an 8 carry 25 yard day. Williams just is the most exciting option to me if that makes sense. Thanks for the advice. I was pretty sure that would be your call. I wanted to make sure. Value your opinion. I have not been on the best streak picking the right guys after a month of not missing many. You are always going to miss something. Flex for $500 is one I can't afford to miss. Using Denver D despite Yahoo having Arizona D ranked a lot higher. Nuts to me. I picked them up but just was an in case kind of thing. With Nelson out I have to roll with Maclin which sucks. Gresham over Pitta. The rest is set.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 1:10pm
Ballard in there as of now. I may actually flip a coin. Still waiting to hear from the "expert" I like feedback even though I usually run with my gut. You always help me think it out more though. The odds of DW doing that 3 weeks in a row do have to be incredibly low. I mean not many WR have 3 40+ yard TD receptions 3 weeks in a row.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 1:47pm
They said Brown might return kicks this week meaning McCoy is ready to go. I almost want to say roll with McCoy since it is not my team. I can't do it since that is how I run my teams but since it is not mine I might say McCoy.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 4:29pm
Lol Yeah he is an interesting gamble that you kickoff info just made more interesting. I want the fact he was my first pick not to be a consideration. It shouldn't be. That said I cant get that part out of my head. Imagine losing a close game and your 1st round pick is on the bench with the points. Funny thing is I also have B Wells who has 5 TD in 3 weeks and I won't even consider him. Won't feel bad if he would have won a close game. No logical thinking leads me to Wells.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 5:01pm
Well sh*t....I thought the ATL/DET game was on in a few minutes. No more thursday games and now Saturday games. This sucks.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 5:02pm
Do you play fantasy roto baseball? If so join the extended draft in the baseball section. 4 spots left.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 3:42am
I love baseball. Not a huge roto fan but won some money in a yahoo pay league. Was head to head. Similar I guess because you have ten categories. Roto has always felt more like balancing a checkbook than building a team. I enjoy building a team in a very specific way. Very successful way. Never many steals. etc.. I'll look at it when I get up. Coming off of graveyard. If it is still open I'll get in. Would enjoy being in a league where some "rumor mill"(old Sanbox) stuff goes on. I post to myself in most of my leagues. I sure miss the old crew we had at Sandbox. Group of 40 or so guys and all liked to chat. Tom Barr, rest in peace, was a guy I never met but hit me when he passed.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 3:48am
Back to football. Ballard has become my 100% choice. Lots of reasons but I look for him to get 20 touched against a terrible run D. He just ran for 100+ against Houston. I feel they will jump out to an early lead and ride him. Now TE I am really torn. I had sided with you and decided to play it safe with Gresham. I also have Green. That doesn't mean very much. Just the two primary receivers on the team . The more I read on Pitta the better I like the gamble. Giants have the 28th ranked pass D and Pitta has had some solid games. Yes last week was garbage time. Rice's hip, Smith's concussion, and hell I don't know. Just made the switch but might change it 5 times before kickoff.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 3:50am
Bench green and play both ;)
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 3:55am
No way in hell I am benching Manning but I just read this great news- 1- Two weeks in a row Manning has only thrown for 1 TD. Very UnManning like. No big deal though. 2- Why this stat would even exist,and for that matter how many years does it cover,I don't know. In 5 career games against Cleveland Manning has 2 Td's. That seems impossible. Unless M.Berry made it up for kicks though it is nuts. Nothing to consider at all, but I would have bet there wasn't any team Manning had 5 starts against, and less than 5 Td's. Forget the Brown's and 2. Okay I'm going to get some sleep and debate Pitta Gresham some more.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 3:55am
If I could I think I would bench Maclin and play both. Not an option.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.