FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

QB week 15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QB week 15
    Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 10:11pm
I know the top commentators opinion. Anyone else think I am crazy for starting Freeman over Manning? He went 420/3 the last time these two teams meet. Baltimore is by no means the D they were but the hold opposing Qb's to the 9th fewest points,in the league I am in, and Manning will still probably play well. I am looking at both upside and downside. Upside for Freeman is well what he has already done. Manning upside is ...he is Peyton Manning. Freeman I can't see at least going 250/2. That would be a horrible game vs. N.O. Peyton I can see going 280/1. It is a y=tough call. I just looked at the only rankings I could find and the ESPN projection page for points,vs the 4 experts, has Freeman as the number 1 QB. So it isn't just me thinking this. Caught some flack for saying Freeman was a solis play last week. The reasoning was they would run all over Philly. Well he had 2 of the 3 Td's . It just concerns me he has gone two weeks now with under 50% completed and one of those teams was Philly. He should have torn that D apart. Based on the recent history.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 10:18pm
No need for me to post in this one :)
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 10:28pm
I will say that when I have a star and he is performing for the season I never bench them on any week. I am in so many leagues that I have Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Brady atleast in some of them. I have never even thought of benching one of them in those leagues this year one time no matter the backups opponent or their own opponent. I stick with my studs. I would probably play Manning even if Freeman was facing a college team. (Which the Saints defense basically is)
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 3:30am
I agree with Blue.While it's tempting to start Freeman I still go Manning.Stick with the guys who go you there all season..
seps View Drop Down

Quote seps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 6:20am
No matter how attractive the NO Def is, you have to play Peyton.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 7:45am
Okay seps,lablue,and Steel I respect your opinions. I understand why you have them. Here are some numbers. Can you explain them away while saying it is clear cut? By the way Lablue I always play that way. This would be one of a handful of exceptions I have made, if I make it. I would have won a division, and not a wildcard, if someone had not benched Stafford against Chicago. The difference is his replacement had no argument for being there. Look at this and tell me it means nothing. It took me a little work to put together. Ravens have given up 300+ yards 4 times. 200 + yards 6 times. Less than 200 3 times. 246.6 YPG and a league low 12 Td's through the air. New Orleans has given up 400+ twice. 300+ 5 times. 200+ 5 times and held Matt Ryan below 200. 284.5 YPG and a league high 27 TD's through the air. League low vs league highOnly 3 times has a QB thrown for 2 Td's against Baltimore. Romo Schaub and Palmer. Only the Romo game was close. The other two 43-13 and 55-20. Cassel is the only starter not to throw a TD against New Orleans. He did pass for 248 yards. Rodgers and E Manning have thrown for 4. Freeman,P.Manning. and Ryan have thrown for 3. While Palmer Rivers and RGIII threw for 2. Freeman's line the last two times these team met was 420/3. On the season Freeman has 238.88 FP vs Mannings 275.18 FP. Not like that is worlds apart. 18.4 vs 21.1 per game. The Ravens have faced the 4th toughest schedule and N.O. the 10th. If no names were involved and you just saw the numbers, feel free to add anything relevant, you would pick Freeman. Fantasy now not a real game. Manning is the best I have personally ever seen. Better than Brady. Better than Montana. Just my opinion.

Edited by hwd23 - 12 Dec 2012 at 7:50am
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 7:55am
Espn says in their scoring New Orleans has allowed a league high 10 starts this season. I misunderstood what this meant at first. A start is a score in the top ten at that position/

Edited by hwd23 - 12 Dec 2012 at 7:58am
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 8:38am
24 years ago(Yes I am that old and have been playing that long) I benched a stud for a hot nobody since the stud was not performing that well all year and then the stud went off for 3 td's and 100 yards and the hot nobody sucked. I lost by two points. All week I hated benching the stud but did it. Ever since then I never bench my studs regardless of matchups. Now if the stud is sucking all year then it is easier. But a stud performing like a stud all year I will never bench again without an injury to him. That feeling I had last a long time(Still talk about it like I am now 24 years later). I can take the feelings of losing while my stud sucks and the guy I was thinking of putting in there does great. Sure it sucks but I can live with it. I can't live with benching my stud and having the backup suck and would have won if I left the great player in there.

I have Freeman in one league and have only played him one time all year. On Brady's bye week. Freeman has a great matchup this week and Brady has a bad one and I won't give it one second of a thought to bench Brady. Could not stand it if Freeman the inferior QB sucked and Brady did great and I had Brady on the bench and lost. Would be crying about it 24 years from now....lol
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 4:33pm
I won a championship the opposite way. I wish I remembered the names right now. I know the guy who run league does. That was when Baltimore was a stud D. I used a Tamp Bay QB but for some reason Freeman doesn't sound right. I realize it can backfire. My opponent is also playing Baltimore D. Unless they change from this week. Which they probably will. This isn't something I normally do. I won that league 5 of 6 years. $500 was the part for winning. the other 4 my guy did it. I also had to replace Peyton the years they rested 15 and 16.
I am not talking guys that are separated by a ton. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I have already set it. I'm taking the chance. Martin/Peterson are my backs in this league. I lead in points by a good bit. It is my big money league. I have the Detroit D. Got them 6 weeks ago for this. I totally get what you are saying. If I remember that clown that won for me....It was the year Grossman had the 4 week run in Chicago. I only know that because this league QB could flex. Never seen that before. Grossman helped me get 3 or 4 wins. Now I just about have to remember lol.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 5:46pm
I wouldn't sit Peterson or Martin if they faced San Fran, This is different. A team that has given up the least through the against a team that has given up the most. Two Qb's seperated by 2.7 points.It could totally backfire. I get that. If anyone goes 300/3 to break up Baltimore's amazing season against the TD throw it would be Peyton. Freeman was Peyton bye week fill in because he played Tampa. 420/3.

24 years? Wow dude I have been playing about 16 and I thought I was an original lol I am trying to figure out Mccoy ststus because despite my claim to having many options they are not very good matchups. I have Owens J Nelson(would like it to be Jordy but with McCoy going tomorrow and Nelson status still iffy) V Ballard D Williams(got him today) and Reece. If Mccoy is playing I think I will roll the dice. I have heard a few comments about his playing time and from all indications Brown will get the lesser of the split. Tough call because I find that hard to believe. All I can do is go off what I know. 12-15 touches of McCoy is a better option than all but maybe Owens and he faces Miami. Ballard faces Houston run D. I have the Detroit D and Graham as a kicker.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 10:01pm
Nelson and McCoy both sound out.

Updating an earlier item, Packers coach Mike McCarthy called Jordy Nelson (hamstring) a "longshot" for Week 15 after he failed to return to practice on Wednesday.
Barring a miracle, Nelson isn't going to play against the Bears. It will be Greg Jennings and Randall Cobb starting at receiver in Chicago, with James Jones coming on in three-receiver sets. Cobb should rotate between the slot and outside. Progressing extremely slowly, Nelson should be considered questionable at best for Week 16.
Source: Packers on Twitter

LeSean McCoy (concussion) and Michael Vick (concussion) are both listed as out for Thursday's game against the Bengals.
Both players are in the final phase of their recovery. They participated in a non-contact walkthrough with the scout team on Wednesday, but have not been cleared for contact yet. The Eagles will roll with Bryce Brown as an every-down back once again Thursday. It's unclear if McCoy will be allowed to suit up even if he gets full clearance for the final two games of a lost season.
Related: Bryce Brown, Michael Vick
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 7:45am
Thanks for the Nelson news! I had the McCoy news. I still find it hard to believe he won't be out there next week. You have two games to see how these two work together, McCoy has a huge contract. One with to much guaranteed to get out from under. The NFL I have always watched isn't going to let a player sit who is healthy. The concussion deal might be a difference but cleared is cleared. I'm interested in your take on the latest forum post, I am thinking you say Brown.
 So who do you use in my situation? Owens is my pick right now. D.Williams Ballard. None of the 3 are very enticing. Big money league so no one is floating on wires who shouldn't be.
I got an answer back from one of the "ask an expert" that actually agreed with my Manning logic. Didn't expect that. I only asked for feedback. I thought it would be go Manning but I was wanting to see how strongly. We shall see if it is the wrong call. My buddy worded it well. If you lose playing Manning then you lost playing your best. If you lose playing Freeman than you lost with your star on the bench. About the same thing you said, Thanks for all the feedback!
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 7:50am
Peterson/Martin are my two starting RB. Nelson news forces me to play Maclin. I waived Floyd two weeks ago. I might have gone with him. One of the 4 teams left has him but isn't playing him.M.Reece is also a possibility but Mcfadden got all the carries last week before tweaking his ankle. Say he is ready to go. I am playing him in my other money league so I don't see Reece as a factor BUT you may. I am very interested in who of these 4 average players you would go with. It is frustrating because I led the league in points by a lot. Ballard had a solid game last week. I was on a bye though. I still put my lineup together to see the points I totaled. Would have beat all but one team. Owens faces Miami but Ballard faces Houston.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 8:22am
I don't play Reece for sure with McFadden playing. So you have 4 spots for Ap, Martin, Reece, Owens, Ballard, D. Williams?

Edited by LABLUE - 13 Dec 2012 at 8:22am
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 8:30am
Owens only got 14 carries and one catch last week. The other rb's combined for 9 carries themselves. Jax is just a bad offensive team so I don't play him. Ballard is the only healthy RB in Indy I think. Even Carter got hurt last week. He had 19 carries and the only other RB to get carries was Carter for 3 of them. Don't like Reece if DMF plays.

Martin
AP
Ballard
Williams

LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 8:30am
Interim coach Bruce Arians confirmed Vick Ballard is in for a heavy workload against the Texans Sunday.
With Delone Carter and Donald Brown sidelined by ankle injuries, Ballard will be backed up by street free agents Mewelde Moore and Deji Karim. "As long as he can stay in there he'll stay in there and when he needs to tap out, Mewelde will go in," Arians said. Ballard can safely expect to push for 20 touches, but the concern is that the Texans' defense could eat up the Colts' depleted offensive line. They figure to come out focused and angry following Monday night's humiliation at the hands of the Patriots, leaving Ballard as a mere flex option.
Source: Indianapolis Star
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 9:01am
Thanks. I'll take it into consideration. Houston has been stout against the run, but with that quote, and a chance at the goal line carries you may be right. The Jags have looked better offensively with Henne. What he did with those 14 carries had me leaning that way. The value meter has Owens two spots higher I think. All that said I believe I may change to Ballard. I have the luxury of waiting now that McCoy is out of the picture. I will play Mccoy next week if he is cleared. As I believe 12 touches for him is better than 20 for these others. With the contract situation they are both going to be there next year. I am hoping they do it the way I see it but you may be right on this also. Thanks for all the advice. I enjoy talking about it.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 9:14am
HOU run defense is the scary thing but I like opportunities. Want rb;s with alot of carries and goal line looks. Even if they shut him down to 60-70 yards he can still get a couple of short td's.

I know all carries count but if you take away Owens one 32 yard td run he has a horrible 13 carry game for about 55 yards.

If McCoy does return next week I won't be playing either of them. I need to see how the carries would go. I have Brown everywhere and if he only got 12 carries I don't want him in there.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 9:20am
I would only play him because he is better than Ballard/Owens in my opinion. 50% of McCoy is still a solid play. Not 50% ability but 50% carries/catches. He is a monster as a receiver. Moot point right now lol Maybe Ballard turns in a decent performance this week, after having one last week, and he is the easy choice. I hope so. With Peterson/Martin I only need average from my flex. Funny part is I was disappointed with AP as my 2nd round pick. I did not see this coming. Martin was a 5th round pick. A little of a reach at the time. Totally lucky I have those two.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 9:23am
13/55 is 4.2 ypc without his longest. Terrible volume wise? I didnt see any of the game so I don't know what kind of back he is. Could he handle 20+ carries?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.031 seconds.