RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Hey guys: Dez Bryant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aholtzma View Drop Down

Quote aholtzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey guys: Dez Bryant
    Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 3:36pm
Bryant (finger) will miss the rest of the season, CBSDFW.com's Richie Whitt report.

Now he might not be! Too bad I dropped him. Oh well.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 3:41pm
Yea. He played all game and had a big 2nd half vs me and now I need the owner with him to win next week without him(Same for D. Bowe).
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 8:03pm
Is he out for sure guys? I just hit this link. Have not been able to look into it. I don't have him anywhere so it doesn't hurt me but I'm a Cowboy fan and if we had any chance it just got killed. I do own Austin in my big money league.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 12:44am
Man up Dez! You finally have joined the Marshall, Megatron (he is on his own level but I'll grou p him here ) ,Green,and Jackson. Based on the last 5 weeks ,the season,and the remaining games those are the only guys I would say are a play before you. Can be argued you have leaped V Jackson and if Cutler misses any time you may be a top 3 playoff Wr. Didnt R.Lott cut part of a finger off? Is that just some football legend? No matter how you cut it tape them up and get on the field. You are still out there in one of my two leagues to hurt me but I own Romo. Going against Pi
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 12:49am
Against Pittsburgh, who without Taylor didn't look so intimidating, we need you. I'm, a Cowboy fan but I would play Freeman against N.O. in a minute over Romo without Bryant. To bad I waived him and he got scooped right up.Now I maybe looking at Palmer or who knows. Got to see who is there.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 1:42am
Cowboys season is always over before it starts with T. Homo at QB. Yes I still hate the cowboys from the 2 SB beating my team took from them. Dez is always hurt and needs to have a few healthy seasons for me to think of him any different. He was crap the first half and dominant the 2nd half and now another injury hits as usual.

Yes Lott had his finger(part of it) chopped off so he could play in the superbowl.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 10:25pm
I thought it was a real story. Reports are now he is going to play. As dominate as he has been if he suites up you have to play him. Romo takes way to much flack for their failures. This season the INT are skewed by two horrible games. The rest of his career he has had solid numbers. There is an ESPN article that totally dispels the choke label. His highest QB rating is in the 4th quarter. Last week was his 17th,I think ,4th quarter comeback. His career 4tyh quarter rating 102.1. E Manning's 84.6. I really believe if he had not been in to hold extra points his career is looked at in a whole different way. Parcells probably sticks a round longer. He has had some incredible years without much of a running game or much talent at the WR position. Austin has stayed hurt. Bryant just now is showing his talent. Whitten has been there for him throughout. The problem in Dallas is J Jones. Period. Get a football mind in there and who know what could have been. Tony hit Dez in the hands in the Baltimore game. Just look at the last 5 games. Kills Philly. Brings them back against Browns. Does all a human can do to bring them back against the Redskins. Granted he threw 2 picks. He also threw for 441 yards and 3 Td,s. The D put them in a huge hole and when they had the chance for a stop,they didn't come through. Comes back against Philly. He couldn't stop B Brown. Then last week marched down the field and beat Cincinnati. The Giants game is another game/. His leading rusher had 19 yards. He put them in position to win. Only to see the D fold again. With all that is attacj=hed to his name he will need a ring. If he gets a ring he is a H.O.F  candidate. 25.000 yards 65% completion rate. 169/88 Td/Int .; 95.5 career rating. Which would be 5th all time. Before this year he was 4th Manning was 5th.

Edited by hwd23 - 11 Dec 2012 at 10:33pm
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 10:37pm
Romo puts them in many holes so he has to come back in the 4th quarter. He reminds me of B. Favre with a weaker arm and without the success(Mainly playoff success) that Favre had. They try to do too much and make many horrible throws. Both don't have the best running game so the passing stats are inflated. Like Marino when you get to throw 45 times a game you will have nice passing stats.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 10:39pm
Also I am just guessing on this one but him and M. Vick always seem to be fumbling. I would think they are two of the highest active QB fumblers per game avg. Vick running with it so much I could see him fumble more. Id be shocked if another pocket passer has fumbled as much as Romo has over the past 5 years.

Edited by LABLUE - 11 Dec 2012 at 10:40pm
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 10:56pm
Did not want to look too much but found over the past five year he is tied for 6th in fumbles lost with 17. Two guys with more than him have 13 more games played since Romo has missed time over that span. They have 20 and 21.

Past 5 years:

Rothlisburger 68 games 21 lost fumbles

Rivers 77 games 21 lost fumbles

Eli 77 games 20 lost fumbles

Fitzpatrick 65 games 18 lost fumbles

Sanchez 60 games 18 lost fumbles

Romo 64 games 17 lost fumbles

One fumble from moving up two spots and two other guys he is behind have 13 more games worth of fumbles. So he is right there as one of the leaders at fumbling.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 11:07pm
For int's over the past 5 years he is 10th. But again 5 of them have almost a full season worth of games more then him for those stats. I will list the other guys that are close to him in games and on that list.

Fitzpatrick
Palmer
Sanchez
Hasselbeck

Crappy qbs.
seps View Drop Down

Quote seps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 6:19am
Romo is not a HOF candidate... take off the blinders... he's a decent fantasy QB but not a great "real life" QB.  I'd expect Dez to play this week in an elimination game.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 10:44am
22 career fumbles lost. QB rating takes all that into account. 5th all time. To say he isn't a hall of fame candidate just shows you don't know football seps. Those INT numbers break down like this, 19/13 36/19 26/14 26/9 7/7(injured year) 31/10 and what skews it a LOT is this year 20/16. All the other years are not bad for a guy throwing 500+ passes a season. I do realize he will need a few more good years and a run to a super bowl. He gets that,and that is probably not going to happen, he gets into Canton. I mean qb rating might not be your favorite stat,I don't know, but it does factor in everything we are talking about. He is 5th ALL TIME. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_career_passer_rating_leaders
I can easily see where you say in your opinion he isn't a candidate. To say he won't be considered is absurd. Like I said above it will take an Elway ending He is still only 32. 169/88 is not a bad TD/INT ratio. Not A.Rodgers, Why Rodgers is the top ranked all time. He has a few years to go before that means as much. I would vote No right now. I think your nuts if you dont think he can make it. This year rating of 88.6 comes after a 102.5. Opposite end of the spectrum. To do what he has with the talent he has in unbelievable to me. I have that article ESPN wrote about dispelling the Myth of Romo as a choker on Facebook. I could find the link if it interests you at all. If they tie that Seattle game ...I can't think of any one play that has defined a player more.

Edited by hwd23 - 13 Dec 2012 at 10:45am
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 10:47am
Seps is the same guy who said the Jets D isn't very good in recommending a WR. Yeah 3rd is horrible, Got to be top 2 for sep. Back up what you say Sep. Lablue is. I'm trying. You just say to take of the blinders he isn't very good. Deep look.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 10:56am
Is Warner a H.O.F QB to you Lablue? Help me clear up where you draw the line. I get numbers are inflated in todays game. I vote Warner in for sure. I have no doubt. 208/128 TD/INT . I think what put Warner in to me was what he accomplished in Arizona. That St Louis run was incredible but Faulk/Holt/Bruce. He goes to Arizona and Boldin and Fitzgerald look outstanding. What has Larry done since Kurt left? He had 90 catches the first year without him followed by 80. Look at the TD's though 12/13 6/8. This year he will be lucky to get 70/6 but I understand how terrible the situation is. He is a stud. If Tony can play 5 more years, with a QB rating around the 95 his career mark is, then you can't not consider him. It will boil down to a super bowl run. From what you say I can see you do not think he has it in him. I disagree. If J Jones would bring a football mind into Dallas think of what Tony might have accomplished.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 11:03am
I think Romo sucks. Turnover machine that puts up good fantasy stats after he puts his team in holes and he has to throw to catch up all game. Horrible decision making. I don't care about qb rating much. I also don't care about the HOF in most sports. It is the hall of average so I don't care much for it. In my hall of fame I only like the very top guys. Guys like Romo are not even remotely close. I would kick out half of the HOF guys in all sports in my HOF. It will keep getting watered down each year that more and more get in. Well if that guy is in then this guy is in and on and on. T. Aikman had one season with 20 + td's. He is in since he had a good wr and good rb and the best o-line in history. I want the best of the best in.

Romo has also had great receiving talent around him. Owens, Dez, Witten. Maybe not a running game which hurts his winning chances but he has had great receiving help to pad his stats.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 11:14am
Id rather have all thee guys as the QB of my team right now:

Brees
Brady
Manning
Ben
Manning
Griffin
Rodgers
Cam
Luck
Ryan
Stafford
Schaub
Rivers
Cutler

Maybe even Dalton and R. Wilson.

I am not talking fantasy stats but just if I could add one of these to my sh*tty buffalo team. I take them to make my QB over Romo. I will take Romo over our Fitzpatrick...lol

Edited by LABLUE - 13 Dec 2012 at 11:16am
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 12:53pm
Totally agree on the HOF take but it is what it is. No he wouldn't merit consideration if the hall was for the truly elite. I would not put him in the anywhere near a Joe Montana. A Joe Theisman? Yeah. Okay I think I would take Griffen over just about anybody if I was starting a franchise. I understand 13 weeks is no where near enough to sat that but that kid has impressed me that much. On your list if all things are equal  P Manning,Rodgers,Brady and Brees are the only ones I wouldn't put up an argument over. Give Romo those teams Rivers had and he has a couple rings. Same as Ben. Talk about fumbles and throwing into traffic. Tony had the kind of talent he had one year. They went 13-3 and the famous missed extra point. Cam not yet. Luck obviously we are talking potential. Ryan Stafford Schaub and Cutler I can't even see an argument for. Well MAYBE Ryan. Stafford has the best WR in the game. I mean no doubt best. A good ground game. Schaub is a hard one to say because he is always hurt and we have never really seen a healthy Schaub be given the green light for an extended period of time. Cutler just sucks. I guess I see Cutler like you see Romo except he really has never had a seaon close to Romo's 2011. Look at his numbers from last year. Then look at the numbers of the receiving options you listed. Whitten had 79 catched. Austin 43 , After that he spread the ball everywhere. Dex did have 63 catches but we both know he was a huge disappointment last year. I mean his 2011 season produced the 39th best passer rating ever. With 10 picks he didn't put the team down early very often. He lost 3 fumbles. Seriously his 2011 season with the talent he had isn't comparable to what RGIII is doing this year but I don't think many season are. Of the top 40 guys most had a running game. They had Murray and 897 yards with 2 TD's
I'm having a good time debating. Sick and nothing else to do. I hope you don't think I am questioning your knowledge. I have figured out you know the game. Unlike some others. I am no expert. A huge fan. Do very well in fantasy. Do my homework. I think Romo takes way to much heat. Regardless of your opinion of him let me ask you a question. If Parcells had been given control of the football side of things do you think Dallas would be in better shape? A perennial playoff team? I can't stand J Jones. He is the problem. Yes Tony has had some "Favre" moment. Favre is a hall of famer by any measure right? If you say no to him then you are a lot stricter than I am. I think sometimes numbers get piled up and a player gets in that doesn't deserve to be. I think Joe Theisman made a prediction that got him into the hall. Someone like Warner was the best at what he did for 3 years. He was among the top 3 for another 3 years. That is greatness to me. Romo doesn't fit in under that requirement. Kind of like the Puckett/Mattingly argument in baseball. Chris Carter in football. Terrel Davis.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 12:58pm
Bills fan huh? What is C Gaily thinking with that backfield? I'm not to sure that team isn't close to contending with a better coach. Just my 2 cents
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 1:04pm
It is Joe Namath that is in from one prediction. Horrible QB.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.