Login: Sign up now! or
call 888-201-3057
| Help | Why Subscribe?
Yahoo! SportsFoxSportsESPN
HOME NFL MLB / Minors NBA NHL GOLF RACING NCAAF NCAAB MORE...    BLOGS MYROTOWIRE ASK AN EXPERT WIRELESS
  Mock Drafts | Baseball Commissioner | Football Commissioner | More
Search for Player:      
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Keepers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keepers
    Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 11:21am
Get to keep 8 keepers for the next 4 years until our redraft. Still early but.........

Going to keep these for sure:

Adrian Gonzalez
Joey Votto
Carlos Gonzalez
R. Cano
C. Hamels
S. Strasburg

For the last two spots I have:

A. Chapman....Might keep him as closer or if he starts.

P. Goldschmidt....Can move Adrian to my outfield.

A. Rizzo

M. Rivera....If Chapman is a starter.

J. Altuve....We use mI and CI so can have him and Cano.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 12:16pm
Based on who you are keeping I would eliminate Goldy and Rizzo even if AGone can go to OF..You are holding and with Mariano having one season left I think I go with the youngsters and keep Chapman and Altuve.
Slingshots View Drop Down

Quote Slingshots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 1:29pm
Since you are so deep at 1b is it possible to trade one of them for a keeper type 3b or ss. It would be a shame not to be able to capitalize on that young talent.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 1:37pm
Since we redraft very 5 years from scratch getting young guys is not that important. Everyone wants studs now. It is a ten team league so I can always find pieces in the draft so do not mind having holes at certain positions. I just want the best talent regardless of position basically. Since I can move AG to the outfield I can keep a guy like Goldschmidt at CI if I wanted to.
lipsgardner View Drop Down

Quote lipsgardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 1:48pm
I like Chapman and Goldscmidt... in a ten team league it shouldnt be too difficult to find a decent MI, I think Altuve is not a stud.. Goldy could lead the NL in homers this year
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 1:51pm
WOW....You think his power could jump up that much this year? I do like him but was hoping for 30 hr's.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 1:55pm
Chapman is the tricky one. I think he is the # 1 closer in baseball if he closes. Yet if he starts he makes for a interesting starter with huge K potential that just fell into my lap. I think I would have to keep hum if he looks good in spring training as a starter.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 3:13pm
Like you said it's kinda early to decide and by the time you have to you should have an idea as to what will happen to Chapman.If he closes he has to be kept and like I said Altuve is the other guy I would keep.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 4:00pm
I was thinking of Altuve or Rizzo as my last two options. Right now I am thinking Goldschmidt and Chapman with Rivera next.

Since I already have Cano I think I can find a decent MI. If he was SS I would like him better but since I already have Cano I only need to find one MI the entire draft. I am not sure how much better he is then some other FA mi's that will be out there. Too soon for me to know who else will be out there though. I think about 10-12 total mi's will be kept.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 6:33pm
Goldy, Chapman, Mo, Rizzo, then Altuve. 

Goldy does have King Kong power, so once he gets good and comfy in the majors, I could see him challenging for HR crowns.  He'll probably hit 28 or so this year and then have a big jump next season into the mid to high 30's.

No matter where Chapman pitches, he has big trade value, so he is a must keep. I disagree about him being the best closer, though. Kimbrel has proven his greatness over the past 2+ seasons, so he gets my vote.

Edited by lvtdude - 10 Dec 2012 at 6:33pm
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 10:24pm
I will have to see where my rankings end up but would probably have Chapman # 1 if he stays the closer. He was great last year and did not close all year. Him and Kimbrel would be 1-2 for sure on my list.
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 1:51pm
Goldschmidt and Chapman are the 2 i would keep. Altuve is the only other i would consider
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 12:41am
I ended up making a trade. I traded A. Gonzalez and A. Chapman for T. Tulo. I know he is injury prone but great when healthy. I am not 100% sold on Chapman as a starter. I already have Votto and Goldschmidt for 1b and CI.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 12:43am
Now will have to keep Altuve or Rivera. I like Rivera I think since I only need to draft one more MI the rest of my draft. Closers fly off the board quick in these drafts and he will be a 1st round expansion pick. Not sure Altuve will be.
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 4:57am
Good trade. If closers come at a premium, Rivera would be a solid keep. His health is a big deal though.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 9:31am
There will be about 4-5 closers kept. So most are available but in a ten team league you need 3 of them to compete near the top of that cat. I usually always have way better keepers so I don't have to keep a closer and then I take two of them early. Since this is the 2nd year of our 5 year run I don't have 8 great keepers yet. I think there will be alot of mi's like Altuve value in the draft.
 Post Reply Post Reply