RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Fantasy/Nfl insanity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fantasy/Nfl insanity
    Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 8:33pm

Can anyone remember a day filled with more insane real life games that impacted the fantasy world so much? I mean 3 of the 4 NFC east teams won with their scoring play ending the game. Foles throws for 380+ with 2 TD's. Ran another in. Led the team in rushing as Brown avg .5 YPC on 12 carries. All those who dropped McCoy? OOOPS! Maclin showed up again after I saw people recommending you cut bait with him. Martin Jackson and Freeman all put up solid fantasy lines but they lost.Who would have took a bet that Martin went 28/128/1 and Jackson went 6/131/1 and Tampa looses? As I am typing this Rodgers and Green Bay have 24 points and he has not thrown a TD pass. He ran one. For TWENTY SEVEN yards. Atlanta got exposed as the average team they are while Cam Newton went fantasy nuts again. What was that? A D Williams siting? 112 yards from scrimmage and a score. The Rams marched down the field like it is just what you are supposed to do to win. Charles went 18/165/1 and that is pretty much it for K.C. as the Browns start to look like they have things figured out with a 3rd straight win. Luck continues to do whatever he needs to do to win. Doesn't seem to matter what his line is. He just finds a way to drive down and put points up when they need him to. C Johnson turned back into a pumpkin. 18/44. Against that tough Indy run D. The Jets are favored in every remaining game so 9-7 and the playoff is a possibility. With an ugly win against Jax. Turns out the back who could give you a solid line in Jax was a guy none of knew about two weeks ago. 14/91/1 and 1/11 just to get his yards from scrimmage over 100. A Peterson showed that he doesn't need a QB to put the Vikings on his shoulders as his superman act continued. B Marshall showed why he is an absolute stud playing with boys. Big Ben is back so the Steelers  roll....wait a minute....Taylor was out so Rivers/Alexander put on a show and the game was never even in doubt for the Chargers. RGIII I don't even have words for that kid, but then he had to leave, so Cousins goes 2-2 with a TD pass and then runs in the 2 point conversion like a bull. Garcon is showed he is the real deal and Morris just threw up another 122/1. I have an email somewhere here, and I agreed with it, that David Wilson was not worth a play. You may get something out of him but he isn't like Brown. Sure to get the goal line carries. So he just gets his from 97 yards away. Then 2 more on 13 carries for 100 yards even. Who played D Wilson today? Congratulations. You are a genius. 327 total yards. Meanwhile New Orleans continues the slide that has to be part of one of the strangest seasons ever. Manning and almost every Giant offensive player had a day worth being in your lineup. Seattle....Lynch....and the real fantasy story is any defense against Arizona is freakin gold. I picked up Detroit months ago and they have just sat on my bench. Why? Guess who they play next week? Chicago has that honor in week 16 so you just have to hope the owner of that team is out of it if you get to the final game. I think I missed 100 things. I also think there is so much more to be said about the things I did hit on. What an insane day! I kind of was trying to wrap my mind around it and said screw it I'll type it out. I still am no closer to understanding today. I am closer to understanding why fantasy and the NFL are so much fun. Don't think anything can happen? Take a look at these box scores. Look at some of the players in your league played today,or like me and D Alexander, left on the bench. Look at the 40's some solid teams put up and the 170 some average teams put up. Wow
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 8:35pm
No I do not write well. Why I don't have a job doing this. I wish all the time my skills with the written word were a little better. I nailed a lot of these things today. Missed a few. Overall I would say it was one of my better days. I am alive in both money leagues going into week 15. Can't beat that!
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 8:36pm
and if Houston can pull of the upset tomorrow I win the pool at work. I am not so confident on that one. Kind of wondering what I was thinking BUT who wants to be with 6 other guys and points. I'll take my chances.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 9:08pm
Have to go with Brady at home.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 9:57pm
Tried to look up his home regular season record for a second but could not find it. I know it is insanely good.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 11:37pm
To late to change. I agree with you unfortunately. That said if I had New England I would not be in a position to win outright.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 3:51am
Brady is 52-11 at home...
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 6:45am
52-11 is amazing but how many of those games were against a team with a better record?
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 7:42am
I thought his regular season home record was even better than that. But 52-11 is great. Houston has a chance for sure. I think Foster gets close to 100 yards rushing.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 1:49pm
I hope so Lablue. If he doesn't they don't stand a chance in my mind. 
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 1:53pm
NE defense is not that good. They are good at getting turnovers and stopping people from scoring. They give up alot of yards. I have no doubt HOU will move the ball alot. They just need td's instead of fg's. I like Daniels, Foster, Schaub all to have good games on the offense for fantasy.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 6:05pm
lol.....HOU drives down the field and pick in the endzone. Same ole Pats defense.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 8:09pm
Yeah that's about when I was able to tune in. I knew it wasn't the smartest pick but I hit the other 4 upsets I played. If I had picked New England I would have lost anyway. Points. Just hurts the overall season stats. Gaines one instead of three. Never been shut out. Only three more chances. In one league I'm in this is making me a division winner instead of a wildcard. I'd rather be the wildcard. The top seed is has a killer schedule next week. My beat chance to beat him.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 8:10pm
Best chance. Can't see the screen on this phone. Keyboard covers box.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 8:15pm
I saw it like you Lablue. I knew it was a crazy pick but I believed Houston would score. That there would be a chance. Foster got the one yard TD. Looked awful in every other way.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.062 seconds.