RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Kris Medlen..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kris Medlen..
    Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 5:09pm
Was wondering what you project for Medlen next season.So far all I am seeing is top 15 sp.What are your projections for him?i could hold Lester over him who I think will bounce back.Thoughts?
Slingshots View Drop Down

Quote Slingshots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 7:27am
From what I`ve seen so far Medlen is projected for about 15 wins and very good era whip. Lester on the other hand projects out as just an average SP.If I had to choose I`d choose Medlen but I really think Lester is in for a bounce back season. Is there anyway you can keep both and drop someone else?
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 10:02am
13-15 Wins, 3.30 ERA, 1.15 WHIP, 170 K's for Medlen

12-15 Wins, 3.75 ERA, 1.30 WHIP, 195 K's for Lester

I honestly think that my projections on Medlen are quite lofty because he hasn't ever started 30+ games in one season. He hasn't come close. His first half numbers should be great, but you really don't know how he wil hold up in the 2nd half. You might consider keeping him and trying to sell high after the 1st half (just a thought)

Lester's predictions for me are very conservative given his struggles last year. However, the talent is still there and the Red Sox toxic clubhouse had to have hurt his 2012 results somewhat. I think he still can return to his 2008-2010 numbers. The other thing to consider with him is the Red Sox willingness to part with him could mean he's playing for KC or the D-Backs.

Medlen scares me but he has the higher reward should he be able to do close to what he did last year for a full season. Lester is the safer pick, and i bet he returns close to his former-self.

Edited by astrosfanatic - 08 Dec 2012 at 10:03am
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 5:24pm
Returned your PVT message.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.