RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Flex option for you experts/stat geeks like me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flex option for you experts/stat geeks like me
    Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 6:44pm
I want all the people who consider themselves top of the game players to weigh in. I have looked at this in every way. Opponents. Where they rank against pass/run. Just take my word for it and please give me your opinion.The numbers are Jeff Erickson's flex ratings. He said last week they were for PPR. I play non PPR.
 Marshall, Maclin(45), V Jackson, T. Smith(53) are my 4 WR. I play 3 of them. I have Foster Green-Ellis as RB. Leaving Flex. I have B Myers(27)(Graham is my starter),M Owens(82), McFadden(47) and Alex Green(RB)I am assuming Erickson didn't have the Starks info yet. Win and I am in as the division winner. Lose and I am at the mercy of others for the wild card spot. To me this is a very hard decision. TE at flex just goes against my whole thinking of RB, who are not sharing the ball, getting the nod.
TE-Myers has been great catching the ball,after they fall behind 20 points, and is a legitimate option. Denver has the 3rd ranked defense in the NFL. 6th against the pass.Somehow they give up the 2nd most points to TE in the Yahoo format I am in. They held Gronk to 35 yards and 0 TD's. Graham 63 and 1. Myers 22 and 0.  7 have caught TD's against them(35% of all the TD's passes the have given up) and Gresham went over 100 yards.
 RB-I have no reason to think Green or Owens will put up a line no RB had yet for either team but I know they will each get 15-20 touches. Any full time back can get a one yard plunge. That is the extent of the argument for them.
WR- Maclin or T Smith. are playing the 30th and 31st D's against the pass in yahoo scoring. Also 30th and 31st in the NFL against the pass.
Not an easy decision. One you stat nuts can have fun with.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 7:12pm
I like Myers at your TE spot over Gresham. I think OAK will be behind all game vs Denver. I use Marshall, Jackson, T. Smith as my wr's.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 9:21am
Its Graham not Gresham. The question was about flex.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 11:20am
Ahhh..I thought it was Gresham. Of course play Graham.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 3:49pm
Lol Dude read the question. It is about Flex. Ask an expert said to play Myers. Erickson's list says Myers. One
 of the column guys also said Myers. I just can't seem to convince myself it is the play. Graham is my TE play. Now I need advice on my FLEX play. I guess I am going to roll with Myers. 3-3 rotowire "experts" said Myers. For the record I think Owens is the play. I only let these guys decide when I am 50/50. I am not here but I feel I have to be missing something. I know he had 14 catches on 15 targets(15 on 16?) last week. I know he has been getting massive targets once Oakland falls behind. I just like the 20 touch ,only guy to hand the ball on the one, RB. The only other guy talked about was Green. Same situation as Jax. He said Myers slightly over Green. Not one mention of Owens. He is buried in Erickson's flex list. 84th I think. So I am going to see if this money pays off lol. Either way it is. Great stuff. I hope they are seeing what I am not this week. The game is to play for the money. A long time ago a suspension not reported on here cost me $10,000. Well I came in second and it was a bunch of stuff so you can subtract that but I'd have rather had the cash. It has been so many years I can't remember the SP name. He was on the EXPOS and was Japanese. He was being suspended for an incident 3 months prior. My fault for not reading back through the updates. If he had started and gotten 4 points I would have won. Has nothing to do with anything. Just hoping the advice this time is money. 3-3 I have to go with them. Right?

Edited by hwd23 - 06 Dec 2012 at 3:51pm
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 3:59pm
Strange stuff. I didn't think I was not a member from the beginning. I see you joined May 4t. Says I joined October 28th. That is my birthday. I know it wasn't a present. Unless I said for myself I will join rotowire, To be clear,although at the time I wanted to blame rotowire, I am not. That just hurt. There is not even a close second for fantasy content. Now them giving half of it away to Yahoo.... I likes the days when the homework had to be done. Then rotowire came along and I loved it. Still do. I know it is a business but some of that late breaking info they give Yahoo would be sweet to have because I pay. It had Brandon Funston and John Kruk playing and was on tv. Best game ever. Got sold and sucked. Now to remember that pitchers name......
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 4:03pm

Tomo Ohka

hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 4:08pm
I know no one reads these by the one reply I have had to the two posts I have made. I will be fair to rotowire. Out of curiosity I went back and looked. The update that was up said he was appealing a suspension and would remain in the rotation until decided. Forget all the circumstances but I know it will be the all time worst fantasy moment for me. 
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 6:26am
ONE catch for 7 yards. The same EXACT line he had in their last meeting. I knew better so I'll shut up
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 10:52am
I would not have played him at flex. I would almost never play a TE as my flex. Why I named the others for flex and Graham for the TE.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 10:53am
I had to play Myers in one league since I had Gronk and no other good te's were out there. Plus after last weeks game he was worth the risk. Problem yesterday was he stayed in and blocked the majority of the time to save Palmer from the pass rush. Twice as much as he blocked the week before.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 10:54am
I joined a long time ago but used the site for many years before I joined the forum. Back when it was still called rotonews instead of rotowire.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 11:43am
Lablue you give good advice. I wish you had ever mentioned flex. I agree with you 100% but I got talked into it. Just a game. It is the $10 league so not much at stake. Just may be the point leader on the outside looking in. Erickson got back before kickoff to recommend McFadden for the "HR" potential. Unfortunately I had already gone with the 3-3 deal and against my better judgment played Myers. Now I will give my predictions for the guys I didn't play. Owens I say goes for 80 yards with a TD. Green goes for 65-80 without a score. Mcfadden I can't predict because he already played but I said it on here several places. Low yards and a short plunge for a TD. It came on a pass and he did perform better per carry than I thought. MaClin I say is the true wild card here to me. Personally I can see him easily ,against that D with Foles getting better, going 100/1. I can also see The other WR getting those yards as they dont seem to have built any kind of chemistry. Cooper has seemed to been the guy to get that. In short I think Maclin had the most upside but he has burned me so much I would play Owens. If I had it to do over again. That is a low enough score it may have sealed my fate. Opponent won the Moreno claim so I am 23 points behind. Now I am projected to win by 30 and that was with a 4.7 for Myers. So I am still alive. I have another question for you. I'll post it under this so it isn't so confusing. I didnt know that date was joining the forum. I have also been here forever. I thought as soon as it became a pay site I joined. That was my point there.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 12:16pm
I decided to ride with the D I have. All this advice has only hurt me so far lol. I can't put it on anyone because they had solid reasoning. I saw what they were saying. I just am like you and 99 out of 100 times,before last night 100 out of 100, will play the RB. Owens is going to have a better game than he is being predicted for here. I kind of hope he doesn't as then I won't have lost the league not going with my gut. The numbers I posted I look for low side. Based on nothing but my gut and the improving Jag offense under Henne. It wouldn't suprise me to see either 100 yards or 2 scores. Nothing would make me happier than him tanking. However I can almost guarantee he beats a .7.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 12:27pm
Maybe the join date is when I started paying. I remember i was pissed since rotonews was free gor a long time and I did not pay right away. Just used rotoworld.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 5:42pm
That is even more confusing, I was pissed also but am pretty sure I paid right away. Not like it matter lol 
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 8:54pm
Marshall and Jackson dominated but Smith sucked.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.