RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Drop McCoy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ctorrillo View Drop Down

Quote ctorrillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drop McCoy?
    Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 3:50pm
I've locked up a playoff position and am now turning to bolster my team for the playoffs and wanted to get some advice.

I currently have both McCoy, Bryce Brown, Trent Richardson & Knowshon Moreno on my team.

Should I drop McCoy since he's out this week - the following RB's are available on the wire right now.

Darren McFadden
Michael Turner
DeAngelo Williams
Fred Jackson
Mike Tolbert

What are your thoughts? any of these guys a better long-shot for the remainder of the season?
logan8447 View Drop Down

Quote logan8447 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 6:37pm
Jackson more goal line looks
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 7:08pm
I like starting the philly RB over those fa's. So I keep McCoy in case he comes back and starts over Brown. If he does not then keep starting Brown.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 6:12pm
What about a split? Just asking. If McCoy comes back Brown isn't going away. The only person I would consider it for is Jackson but Lablue's logic makes sense even with a split.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 8:52pm
Hopefully McCoy stays out or it could be a even time share now. Still think they will use the rookie alot since they are out of it even if McCoy returns.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 7:58am
Philly plays on thursday thus week also so I am betting McCoy is out again in a short week. Cincy wont stop te run like TB does. I am playing Brown anywhere I have him.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 1:41pm
Looks like Vick and McCoy got cleared this week. I would still be shocked to see either play. No reason to let them play and just see what the young guys can do.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 1:20am
If McCoy is cleared to play he will see the field. How much? Who knows. It isn't the same as Vick.Vick has seen his career in Philadelphia come to an end. Rb all over the Nfl split carries. McCoy is an all pro. While not having anywhere near the season he did last year he isn't going to be watching the game. I know you saw the snow in Green Bay and somehow knew N.O. was going to hand the ball to Sproles for the first time in 6 weeks. Props for that. Lot of other things you didn't go back and highlight. You do know your stuff but what scenario do you see ,in which McCoy is cleared, that would keep him off the field??
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 1:33am
GThat came off a little more cocky than I intended. I just don't see McCoy being cleared and not seeing 10-15 touches at least.I could be wrong.Then you can come back and do your highlight thing. You really should do it on all of them though. You know to be fair lol. Good luck in your playoffs. Be blessed. I am fortunate enough to have Martin /Peterson in the league I have McCoy.Lots of flex options. I would like it if Jennings was one. He isn't but I have Nelson if he is healthy or a slew of fringe players. Owens Ballard Austin. I am actually considering playing Freeman over Peyton. Not to Ichthyology because Baltimore D isn't much these days but that bye week fill in Freeman gave me against N.O. is still fresh in my mind. Tear it apart lol.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 1:39am
I did highlight all the things from the front page of posts. You should do the same.

Reason he might not play is he is just medically cleared. Does not mean the team and front office will allow him to play. If I was the G and the season was over like it is I would just rest him and see what I have in the young guys since he did get this concussion and no reason to rush him back in a dead season. At the very least I would not play him in this short week on thursday if I was them.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 2:26pm
Michael Vick (concussion) and LeSean McCoy (concussion) resumed practicing on Tuesday, getting in a limited session.
Both players will reportedly sit out Thursday's game on a short week. Neither is expected to do much in the way of football activities in Tuesday's practice. Vick and McCoy must complete Phase 5, which involves strenuous exercise with contact before a return to game action. They must be cleared by an independent neurologist as well.
Related: LeSean McCoy
Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 4:15pm
Yeah I thought you were saying he had been cleared. He sees Doctor Wed so that would be a very risky play. Only if they clear him and then,like you pointed out, the short week make it a desperation play. Brown is the play but we will see shady again I believe. Teams don't handle Rb they plan on keeping like they do QB.See McFadden. Of course I don't know his contract situation off hand.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 4:30pm
And you can do the highligjting. Its not that important to me. I wouldnt have claimed something based on weather just me Everyone said play Rodgers. 35 game home TD streak came to an end Not favorable conditions for Jennings. I play him this week unless i have very good options. Just me. He says he is 100%. Rodgers says he is 100%. We are talking about an established stud. You wait for the big line in the playoffs and start a L Moore over him i think youre screwing up. Sproles also did exactly what I said he would as a reciever. Same numbers with possible TD. No one could have seen the 6 carries coming. He had zero in the previous 2 games for sure. Not sure about before that. I like to base it off of numbers, talent,and matchups. Works more often than not. I could go on to prove it but two darts isn't the way I go. The pick thread wasn't highlighted along with a few others. I nailed Owens, Maclin, and Green lines exactly. No highlight lol. It's all good you been the tpoints dog in here for years. You totally had Can right and for the right reasons. Freeman kind of has me in the same place this week. He went 400/4 against N.O last time and I played it. Not sure after that Philly game if I'm ready to commit to him this week.
ctorrillo View Drop Down

Quote ctorrillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 4:36pm
With a short schedule and Brown being a good option I'd be surprised if they start McCoy or give him the lion's share. but we'll see what gets announced tomorrow. right now McCoy is just robbing a bench spot that I could use toward picking up another viable option.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 9:54pm
If you waive McCoy it would have to be for a solid play. He said today he will be out there. Now players say that all the time. McCoy signed a 5 year extension after last season with 20 million Guaranteed. No way they drop him. Paying him that kind of money, and if there is no danger of further hurting himself, he will see half the half the load.. They have to see what the two of them look like together. Brown is a bruising back but McCoy scored 17 last year. That is a tough spot. I may be in it with McCoy but I like several of my other options before taking a chance. Week 16 is a different story.

Edited by hwd23 - 11 Dec 2012 at 9:55pm
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 9:17am
McCoy and Vick ruled out. Still don't drop McCoy.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.056 seconds.