RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

who to start for playoffs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
theok3 View Drop Down

Quote theok3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who to start for playoffs
    Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 3:07pm
Im in a ppr league and I have to fill in my WR2 and flex spots. I have greg jennings, darren sproles, miles austin, michael turner, pierre garcon, and cecil shorts. Im not sure who to start so please help me! Thanks!
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 7:05pm
Sproles and Austin. Shorts has a concussion and Jennings is still playing limited snaps. Turner gets less snaps then Rodgers now. Garcon is not a bad option either.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 6:07pm
Where did you read Jennings is playing limited snaps? He was targeted 8 times last week. I read Nelson is only being held out because Jennings is ready for a full load. Jennings is clear number one to me. Sproles is probably number two because you know he will get his 5 or 6 catches and he can turn any one of them into a score. Garcon is the next choice in my opinion. He has looked great since coming back and Baltimore's D is living on name only. 
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 7:29pm
He was the 4th wr last week. Had jones and nelson outside and cobb in the slot. With nelson out he will start outside. Id rather have jones and cobb still this week over jennings .
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 1:48pm
I need to see one good game out of Jennings before I use him again. Especially for the playoffs.
theok3 View Drop Down

Quote theok3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 2:08pm
So you would start sproles over Jennings?
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 2:47pm
Yes. I do like the matchup vs det at home on SNF but I want to see him do more then 4 catches for 40 yards before I play him. He should do better with Nelson out this week though.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 3:54pm
This is all guess work.  Last week was just to get him back in the flow. Every quote I have read says Nelson could go. They are playing it safe. I understand Lablues thinking but Sproles only has 7 for 65 and 5 for 47 since coming back himself without a score.. Not one carry. Rodgers eats Detroit alive at home. What has Sproles showed in his two weeks back? We shall wee.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by theok3

Im in a ppr league and I have to fill in my WR2 and flex spots. I have greg jennings, darren sproles, miles austin, michael turner, pierre garcon, and cecil shorts. Im not sure who to start so please help me! Thanks!

Jennings a one catch game. Don't play him until he is back to form. Sproles 84 yards and 2 td's.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 8:00am
And if your league uses the playoffs there is no way you can play Jennings thus week in the semi finals. He would have to have a monster game for me to even put him in the title game the following week in the one league I have him. I use Cobb over him in that league weekly.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 11:02am
out of curiosity here did you see the game he had one catch in? It ended a 35 game streak for Rodgers of passing for a TD at home. He was under 200 yards. I'm not going to argue I got this right because I didn't. All I am saying is you can't base a sit/start decision on Jennings off this game. I also had no way to know Sproles was going to carry the ball for the first time since 10/28. He was injured but in his first two games back he had 0 runs. His catches where right where they have been. I give up on predicting who will carry the ball in New Orleans. I wish I had the Jennings dilemma. He would be a sure start.

Edited by hwd23 - 13 Dec 2012 at 11:03am
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 11:26am
I watched the entire game. He had two passes to him. One catch. He needs to have a huge game before I play him again. Too many other good options on that team to throw to. I have been saying not to play him for two weeks and not one. So far have been right. Someday he will have a good game but I would come out ahead at this point by resting him until he does. Like when a guy keeps saying J. Dimaggio hitting streak will end at game 10. Then game 11. Then game 12. Sure someday he will be right but after he was wrong 55 times first. I have Jennings being a bust the past two weeks so even if he has a huge game next week I still like my decision since it paid off the past two weeks. Sure soeone can play him this week and win a playoff game but maybe they played him the pass two weeks and are out of the playoffs because of it also. Just like the McCoy thing I will need to see him play and go back to 25 touches a game before I play him. I have Gronk and if they say he will play next week I will sit him until I see how he can catch with a brace on his arm.

Maybe if they did not have Cobb, Jones, and Finley and had crap guys in their place I might take the chance. I think the two best wr's on that team are Cobb and Jones(Not just fantasy but real football).
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 11:56am
I agree on Gronk. I also agree the first week Jennings was back. I am only saying I would play him over Maclin or T Smith in a NY minute if I had him. I would put him about where he is in the value meter. Last week the weather was horrible. I wouldn't start him over a lot of other WR2 . It all depends on your roster. I am not addressing this question. Just in general when is the right time to gamble with a talent like Jennings. I would start over Hilton, Moore, or Floyd. All depends on my team. In the one league where my third choice is Smith or Maclin,rankings have Maclin one spot above Jennings,I would start him over either of them as Marshall and V Jackson are my other two WR. Jennings is defiantly more of a talented WR than Cobb and Jones. Cobb also carries the ball and other things you have to take into account. I don't see playing Jones over Jennings. We all have opinions and yours are very good. I'm just debating here. Everyone can look up and see who was right.  
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 11:58am
You talked me into the Ballard switch. I respect your opinion. I also have Powell by the way but one game isn't enough for me to believe he will get 19 carries again. I think he is a better back than Green myself but R Ryan is an NFL coach and I play fantasy.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 12:05pm
Powell also has a broken toe reported today.

I was not talking fantasy when I said Jones over Jennings. Just real football. I like Cobb and Jones over Jennings and Nelson. Cobb should be # 1 next year and Jones # 2 on GB. Keep Nelson or Jennings # 3 and trade the other one. I think Cobb might be the best WR in the NFL. Or close to it anyways. Megatron and Dez if he can stay healthy and keep his cool right there also.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 1:28pm
I say Megatron is a league by himself. Green is the next best. Dez if he keeps his head can join the elite. I understand you were talking real football. I like Cobb's talents also. Not sure more than Jennings but that is just me. Nelson I have never been able to figure out. Unfortunately I have him in my big money league. I was offered,by the Rodgers owner, D Thomas and I turned it down. It was after the only two good games Nelson has had. I own Manning. I feel good about my chances now. If I had either a healthy Nelson or Thomas I would lay money on it. Stupid to turn it down. I did ask advice from the experts. They couldn't have seen all these hamstring problems. Hindsight. Thanks for the toe info. I wouldn't have had the guts to put him ahead of Ballard or even Owens. Do you like T Smith better than Maclin this week?
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 1:29pm
Forgot about Green. He is a stud also.

Check Dez post for Maclin.
hwd23 View Drop Down

Quote hwd23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 1:32pm
I was starting to think you had superhuman powers. I ask a question hit refresh and an answer was ready lol Two different threads but I didn't realize that for a minute.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.