RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

trade help...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trade help...
    Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 3:23pm
Keeper League (keep 8). 12 teams. Standard 5x5 scoring

Would you trade Austin Jackson and Brett Lawrie for Jacoby Ellsbury??

Jackson isn't a keeper on my team, but Lawrie is a guy i would keep. So i view it as Lawrie for Ellsbury....Does Ellsbury bounce back? I was very underwhelmed by Lawrie's first full year...
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 3:34pm
SS is a tough spot to fill but I do this deal.Ellsbury will have a bounce back year.You would have never been offered this deal or have gotten this deal if Ellsbury was half way decent last year,go for it.
lipsgardner View Drop Down

Quote lipsgardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 4:12pm
If Lawrie is SS eligible in your league I would hold onto him.. that Toronto line up is stoutand Ellsbury's 2010 could prove to be the outlier. Lawrie could steal 30 bags this year and put up similar power #s at a much thinner position. That being said, if he's only 3b eligible I would do the deal

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 4:48pm
My bad for some reason I thought it was Jed Lawrie....I agree think I keep Brett Lawrie think he is in for a huge season and 3b is more scarce than OF sorry,keep lawrie
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 6:04pm
Keep Lawrie.

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 7:04pm
due for a huge season by what reasoning?

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 8:36pm
My opinion that's all you want to do the deal do it,you are asking for opinions and we are giving them
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 1:42am
He should get better each year. 3b with alot of sb's. I bet he gets 25 this year. Maybe 20 hr and 25 sb. I am done with Ellsbury. Always hurt and one career year. Check his power numbers besides that one year.

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by STEELCITY10

My opinion that's all you want to do the deal do it,you are asking for opinions and we are giving them

and i appreciate it! Not questioning your opinion as much as i am trying to figure out how you got there. Maybe you are privy to some information that i haven't looked at, that's all

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by LABLUE

He should get better each year. 3b with alot of sb's. I bet he gets 25 this year. Maybe 20 hr and 25 sb. I am done with Ellsbury. Always hurt and one career year. Check his power numbers besides that one year.

that's obviously a worry for me too with this deal. Now it comes out today that the Red Sox are open to trading him...maybe i need to step back and wait a week on this one

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 12:50pm
Well, i went ahead and declined it based on the objections...the age and injury history of Ellsbury are concerning. And if Lawrie does end up breaking out this year, i want it to be for my team...
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 9:22pm
I am more against getting Ellsbury then I am in love with Lawrie.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.