RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

complex trade offer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Slingshots View Drop Down

Quote Slingshots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: complex trade offer
    Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 10:49am
12 team ppr salary contracts involved plus draft picks. First let me say that I am first in my division and 4th over all. Here is the offer, I get Ray Rice $20 20

I have to give up
S Smith Carolina 8.5
M Ingram $3 4 5
David Wilson $2 2 3 4
J Blackmon $3 3 4 5
Green Bay D $5.5 4.5
plus 2 2013 2nd round picks
and a 2014 1st and 2nd round picks.

I know this is alot but I`m torn here. I think Rice along with my other rb ( Bradshaw Sproles M Bush P Thomas)will really improve me BUT I`m not sure if I want to mortage the future that much for 2years of Rice. My other wr are M Floyd Bowe K Wright D Moore. I can use a franchise tag on Rice after 2years a about $20 per year for another 2 years.My problem is that i`m pretty sure most of the rookies will be coming into their own when all the other contracts expire. so any help would be great. sorry for being so long winded but i wanted to give as much info as i could.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 4:10pm
I wouldn't do the deal.You are giving up way to much for the future in my opinion.You are in first in your division ride it out.I would give up all those players and maybe a pick next season and one the year after but not two in the same season especially back to back rounds.

Quote Slingshots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 8:56pm
Thanks Steel thats kinda the way I`ve been leaning. He`s been pushing Rice for a while now because I have one of the best rookie rosters. Hes trying to rebuild as I have but he wants what I`ve done all at once. Anyone else got an opinion??
HEEL15 View Drop Down

Quote HEEL15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 8:29am
Is there anyway you can post the rules and exact format of this league. I am very interested in running a league with this exact same format.

As far as the trade goes.....NO.  I was onboard until it got down to the draft picks. I would maybe do the 2nd in 2013 and 2014.....but only b/c you have 2 in 2013 so you would still have one 2nd rd pick in 2013.
Or maybe give him both 2nd rd picks in 2013 and nothing in 2014.   This way if Rice breaks down after/during 2013 you are not stuck still paying for a guy in 2014 who is limited in 2014.
I would also try to retain David Wilson.   The other guys I could care less about.  Once Wilson gets his chance to play I don't see him losing grip on the starting job.  However, if it takes Wilson to get Rice then you have to let him go.

Also, depends on who is available on wiaver wire. I can think of many guys who are on most waiver wires who I'd rather have than Ingram and Blackmon.  My guess is that you may be repalcing both of them with better players anyway.  I like Blackmon but his situation stinks....which means, for now, he stinks.

Quote Slingshots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 11:28am
Heel15 send me your e-mail and I`ll set you up with the web site. It`s a 4 sport dynasty league with contracts and rules that try to mirror the pro sport as much as possible.
HEEL15 View Drop Down

Quote HEEL15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 11:50am
Thanks.
Pete.Mistretta03@gmail.com
testa444 View Drop Down

Quote testa444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 1:26pm
budjoey124@aol.com

I would love to see these rules also, sounds very interesting!
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.048 seconds.