Login: Sign up now! or
call 888-201-3057
| Help | Why Subscribe?
Yahoo! SportsFoxSportsESPN
HOME NFL MLB / Minors NBA NHL GOLF RACING NCAAF NCAAB MORE...    BLOGS MYROTOWIRE ASK AN EXPERT WIRELESS
  Mock Drafts | Baseball Commissioner | Football Commissioner | More
Search for Player:      
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Trade Help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rschlad04 View Drop Down

Quote rschlad04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trade Help.
    Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 5:07pm
Having troubles with a trade in my keeper league, we can keep up to 3 players.

Team A (0-5) Trades Aaron Rodgers, and Owen Daniels
to
Team B (3-2) for
Mikel LeShoure (8th round keeper next season) and Wes Welker

Am I wrong in thinking this isn't remotely fair?

Team A:

QB: Rodgers, Stafford
RB: Trent Richardson, Deangeolo Williams, Blount, LaRod Stephens Howling, Brandon Bolden
WR: Marshal, Andrew Hawkins, Jeremy Kerley, Kendell Wright, Golden Tate
TE: Gates, Daniels

wow is that team bad! lol

Team B:

QB: Cam Newton, Josh Freeman
RB: Alfred Morris, Demarco Murray, Sproles, LeShoure, Powell, Hillman
WR: Megatron, Roddy White, Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, Garcon
TE: Gresham

This team had some great keepers to start the season, and made a nice trade to get a very solid roster. Here is the keeper value for his players next season. Alfred Morris (7th), Cam Newton (10th), Murray (9th) Sproles (6th) LeShoure (8th)

I hate to be a commisioner that vetoes anything but collusion, but I feel without a salary cap, there has to be some kind of system of checks and balances in the league for owners to want to return.

I definitely see how this helps both teams out, but I feel Team A is selling much to low on Rodgers. Welker basically has no value to him as he is already all but out of contention. So I see it as Rodgers for LeShoure.

Team B is basically trading away his 4th best WR, and 4 or 5th best keeper for an elite QB, and to this point, top 5 TE. Would a trade like this hurt the balance of the league too much, do you think I should even be concerned about that? Any input would be great, thanks.
pmissner View Drop Down

Quote pmissner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 6:45pm
If it is not collusive and you, as commish, can see how the trade helps the team giving up Rodgers, I don't think you can veto it. My belief is that vetoing is only for collusion. You can't veto stupidity.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 8:07pm
I agree with pmissner,the trade helps both teams and the 0-5 team still has Stafford while his WR are bad.I personally would trade Stafford and hold on to Rodgers
 Post Reply Post Reply