FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Ridley and Vick for RG3 and Brandon Lloyd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dromeo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote dromeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ridley and Vick for RG3 and Brandon Lloyd
    Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 9:37am
In a keeper league, would you trade Ridley and Vick to get RG3 and Brandon Lloyd? (we can keep 1 player picked in 4th rd or later can be kept...so both Ridley and RG3 are keeper eligible options here)

To give some context....I start 3 WRs, 2RBs and a RB/WR Flex. My top RBs that I start in those positions are Gore, Lynch and Ridley. I'm a Jennings owner and a little thin at WR at the moment with Torrey Smith, Brian Hartline and Andrew Hawkins being my next best 3. I own Vick and Dalton and have gotten killed at the QB position all season.

Understanding that RG3 dealing with concussion issues this week and may not keep up his top level play all season, is this still a good swap for me? I feel like I may need to sell Ridley now...between the fumbles, NE working in other RBs, Belichick and they face some tough run D's down the line.
pmissner View Drop Down

Quote pmissner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 10:50am
I think you could probably get a little bit more for Ridley. While your concerns are justified, he only has one game of fewer than 13 carries. Ridley is clearly the lead back in New England and if you can continue to play all three backs, I would. RGIII is a moderate upgrade on Vick, but both will likely miss a few more games this season.
dromeo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote dromeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 6:58am
Thanks for the reply! I instead made the offer of Ridley and Vick for Julio Jones and RG3 (he also has Demaryius Thomas and Reggie Wayne who I said I'd be ok with instead of Jones if he preferred). I haven't heard back yet, but we shall see. He already has Eli and Chris Johnson is his RB2...so it seems like a deal that would make sense for both sides given how many good wideouts he has (besides guys I mentioned he also has Lloyd, DeSean Jackson and Malcom Floyd)

I agree with you on Ridley and hate parting with a good young RB that has played this well, but I'm 2-3 in 2nd to last place and have the lowest points in the league. As good as Lynch, Gore and Ridley have been my team still isn't getting it done due to inconsistency at QB and not much at WR with Jennings issues other than a couple of good games from Torrey Smtih. Figured it's time to mix it up and that Ridley is probably viewed as my best asset, while I still have some of those concerns on him that I mentioned.

I nabbed Alex Green, Starks and Jahvid Best off the waiver wire, so hopefully if the deal goes through I still have some solid flex options in the coming weeks.
dromeo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote dromeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2012 at 7:09am
Oh and since he hasn't accepted the trade yet, if anyone thinks I'm crazy for making this offer then I'm open to hearing some opinions!

Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.156 seconds.