RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Mendenhall for WR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Qstar View Drop Down

Quote Qstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mendenhall for WR
    Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 2:08pm
Standard 10 team league
Starting: 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, D/ST, K

I have:
QB - Vick, Dalton, Luck
RB - M.Turner, Forte, CJ0K, Spiller, Leshoure, Mendenhall
WR - AJ.Green, Maclin, Britt, Lafell
TE - Bennett, Pitta

I was offered my choice of: Antonio Brown, S.Smith (Car), G.Jennings for Mendenhall.

I'm thinking of S.Smith, but wanted some other opinions.

Thanks!
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 5:39pm
Think you are actually coming out ahead if you take any of those WR.Mendenhall will take a little while to shake off the rust plus the Steelers still have games left against stout defenses(Balt twice,Giants,Eagles this week)and being a Steeler fan their O-Line still stinks.If Jennings groin injury isn't major I take him.GB has had some tough matchups early but will be on cruise control most of the season.
Qstar View Drop Down

Quote Qstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 9:20am
I just traded:

Luck/Turner/Maclin for Romo/R.White/Moreno

Barring a veto, that would leave me with:

QB - Vick, Romo, Dalton
RB - Forte,CJ0K,Spiller, Leshoure, Mendenhall, Moreno
WR - AJ.Green, R.White, Britt, Lafell
TE - Bennett, Pitta

Given that we only start 2WR, 2RB and 1Flex, is it still worth it to look at trading Mendenhall for 1 of Jennings/Smith/Brown?

Or should I maintain my RB depth? I'll likely drop Lafell for someone like Hixon or James Jones this week and look to see who's available when Moreno hits my roster.

Edited by Qstar - 02 Oct 2012 at 9:21am
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 12:54pm
R.White to me is the best player in the deal and Romo will be better than his Monday night showing,I like that deal for you.I think I would still try to trade Mendenhall for the reasons I stated earlier in my post based on the bye weeks you have a good replacement.I think I would add both Hixon and Jones in that order and drop Moreno and LaFell.Nicks is still injured and might not be right all season making Hixon the #2 guy on a very good offense.
pmissner View Drop Down

Quote pmissner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 8:18am
I agree with Steel City that you made a nice trade. I think I'd hold onto Mendenhall and to see if he can return to his RB2 status. Green and White will be every week starters and you can probably get away with Britt and/or waiver guys/RB depth in your Flex. The receivers might be a small upgrade on Mendenhall, but over the course of the season, I think the RB fits your team better.
Qstar View Drop Down

Quote Qstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 8:34am
Thanks for the comments guys.

I think I'm leaning towards what pmissner said.

The other guy is now only willing to do Jennings for Mendy now and while the potential HR-factor he could bring in the later weeks is appealing; I'm worried about RB depth since available RB's on the wire are now: Mccluster, Draughn, Woodhead, Hunter, Miller, Bolden, Hillman, Redman.

Between CJ0K not proving himself as a bounce-back, Forte being banged up and Spiller splitting time, I'm not sure how solid my RB situation is.

Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.031 seconds.