Login: Sign up now! or
call 888-201-3057
| Help | Why Subscribe?
Yahoo! SportsFoxSportsESPN
HOME NFL MLB / Minors NBA NHL GOLF RACING NCAAF NCAAB MORE...    BLOGS MYROTOWIRE ASK AN EXPERT WIRELESS
  Mock Drafts | Baseball Commissioner | Football Commissioner | More
Search for Player:      
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

2012 draft software

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ekadams View Drop Down

Quote ekadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 draft software
    Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 8:38pm
Spring training is creeping up!

Any sneak peaks of 2012 software updates? The day it launches is one of my favorites of the year

Thanks for all you guys do!
herbilk View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote herbilk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 7:30am
The MLB draft software should be available in about a week or so.  We're just waiting for some statistics to be projected.  We've added a few new wrinkles to this year's software, including the ability to have it run a mock draft and the ability to resize the interface.  We'll let everyone know when it's live.
ekadams View Drop Down

Quote ekadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 8:20am
Thank! The mock draft feature sounds very interesting.
wolverineca View Drop Down

Quote wolverineca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by herbilk

The MLB draft software should be available in about a week or so.  We're just waiting for some statistics to be projected.  We've added a few new wrinkles to this year's software, including the ability to have it run a mock draft and the ability to resize the interface.  We'll let everyone know when it's live.

This will be my second year using your software so I don't have much say, but what I found very difficult last year is moving around when draft picks were involved in trades.  Is there any way to use the program to set up the draft and then I could adjust the draft picks to reflect the trades made during the season/off season?  This way I don't have to bounce around...the draft is pre set and accurate.
schoenke View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote schoenke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 2:16pm
The 2012 version of the baseball draft software is now live:

http://www.rotowire.com/baseball/draftsoftware.htm

mock drafting, re-sizing and  more. Check it out.
copemoney View Drop Down

Quote copemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 2:49pm
woo!!
copemoney View Drop Down

Quote copemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 4:26pm
Category Targers- the Target and Actual #'s are off center (target is almost in actual column, Actual is in blank space).. and you cannot see the difference (# in green or red) as that's covered up by the header: Actual
ekadams View Drop Down

Quote ekadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 4:36pm
Love what I see so far! Just one question: Is there anyone to input a custom draft order for the mock? I ask because I am an in a keeper where we trade draft picks, so the draft order is generally the same every round, but there are exceptions and sometimes players will have 2 or 3 or even 0 picks in a given round.

Maybe that isn't here yet and that is fine (next year?) but would be really cool if we could do it!
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 9:47am
i am still really disappointed that there is still no mac version, but i am glad to see it is out so early this year
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 8:58pm
Why can't you sort the players when inputting keepers???  We had the same problem when the program was released last year.  Double clicking the headers only highlights the column, when it should sort the column.  Do you have any idea how hard it is to find players when they're listed in rank order and not alphabetical???

A job that should take 10 minutes takes over an hour.
copemoney View Drop Down

Quote copemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 1:08pm
1st update did nothing to fix the columns..

On the main screen, the Undo Last Pick button is basically covering the header for the Owners Amt (Max) header

and now both of the headers in the Category Targets (Target/Actual) are basically unreadable
wesley2117 View Drop Down

Quote wesley2117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 8:39am
Im thinking about purchasing rotowire draft kit .  IS it worth it and i use to purchase rotoworld . Just wondering if its better than rotoworld
ekadams View Drop Down

Quote ekadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 8:58am
I've only ever used rotowire. It isn't perfect, but the draft software alone makes it worth it to me. I have finished 3rd or above in ALL leagues I have played in the last 3 years using the draft software each time in all sorts of leagues (non-keeper auction and snake draft, and keeper auctions and regular drafts). You still have to think and do research, but it has made me go from one of the top players to the best overall player in all my leagues.
copemoney View Drop Down

Quote copemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 9:39am
Originally posted by wesley2117

Im thinking about purchasing rotowire draft kit .  IS it worth it and i use to purchase rotoworld . Just wondering if its better than rotoworld

I like it.. if you get the MLB special, the draft kit, magazine and software all comes with it, as well as daily updates from players (this is esp for me, since I'm in a NL Only keeper league)..

For $35 to get all that stuff for the season is def worth it..
herbilk View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote herbilk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 10:01am
An update to the software is now available.  The current version is now 6.0.3. 

copemoney - what is your screen resolution?  It sounds like you use possibly use a very large resolution, maybe 600x800 or something like that. The issue with the category targets has to do with the resizing that we added to this year's version of the software.  I added a bit of a fix that might help you.  If you see the rows not lining up then click on "update targets" and see if that helps.
copemoney View Drop Down

Quote copemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 10:47am
Originally posted by herbilk

An update to the software is now available.  The current version is now 6.0.3. 

copemoney - what is your screen resolution?  It sounds like you use possibly use a very large resolution, maybe 600x800 or something like that. The issue with the category targets has to do with the resizing that we added to this year's version of the software.  I added a bit of a fix that might help you.  If you see the rows not lining up then click on "update targets" and see if that helps.

Resolution is 1680x1050.. recommended settings...

Also, and I'm sure this will get taken care of at some point, but how do you delete players?  Ie- Fielder is now on the Tigers, but my draft is NL Only yet he's still there...
schoenke View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote schoenke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 10:58am
If you update the projections .. Prince shows up in the AL.
ekadams View Drop Down

Quote ekadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 11:05am
Copemoney - sometimes my targets tab looks weird, but when i click the button to update targets (or whatever it says) it fixes itself. No idea if that is the problem you are having, but figured I would offer it up.
copemoney View Drop Down

Quote copemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 11:52am
Originally posted by schoenke

If you update the projections .. Prince shows up in the AL.

that worked.. awesome
copemoney View Drop Down

Quote copemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 11:54am
Originally posted by ekadams

Copemoney - sometimes my targets tab looks weird, but when i click the button to update targets (or whatever it says) it fixes itself. No idea if that is the problem you are having, but figured I would offer it up.

Yea, for me it actually gets worse when I click on Update Targets.. its not the biggest of deals, but still..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>