RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Yahoo Sports League:Goalie Decision

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
brutherford View Drop Down

Quote brutherford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yahoo Sports League:Goalie Decision
    Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 12:06pm
All season I've been behind on my "goalie games" played. Even though I've had four goalies for the last two months, I'm still five games played behind pace for end of the season. I haven't missed many decisions, but four goalies hasn't been enough.

Either way, trade deadline is nearly here...who do I trade and what can I expect in return?

Jimmy Howard
Ilya Bryzgalov
Cam Ward
Sergei Bobrovsky

I just lost two centermen (Duchene, Malkin), have Toews and Couture. Sedin, Grabner,Dustin Brown and Eriksson are my featured wings, defense could use a bit of an offensive boost with both Goligoski and Myers having less than par years. My current band-aid on the depth is Ryan Suter and Marc Staal. Huge Rangers fan, who is forbidden to give up on Marc Staal. Four goalies needs to become three,any suggestion on who to trade and what to expect in return?
dhoustonsmith View Drop Down

Quote dhoustonsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 2:23pm
Hi Brutherford, If I was in your position I would put all 4 goalies on the block and see which one can get you the biggest package in return. All four are quality No.1 NHL goalies and play on playoff caliber teams and there is always value in that. How much value depends upon your league. In general you should be able to get at least two players who can help you in return for this type of goalie. Expect a 20 goal forward and a 10 goal D-Man at the very least. Anything less than that don't make a deal. Losing both Duchene and Malkin hurts but check your wire you might be able to find some short-term help there as well. Find a hot hand and ride him until he cools off dump him and pick up another. Don't give up on Myers and Goligoski it is almost impossible to pick up a better scoring D-Man then those two on waivers a this point. Don't worry about your goalie games any 3 of those 4 will get you enough games. Hopes this helps. Cheers, DHS

Quote brutherford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 2:30pm
Thanks that's great advice. Based on your response, I sent in a low-ball offer, Bryzgalov for Byfuglien...Bryz has five SO's and Atlanta, as well as Byfuglien have been cold!!!
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 4:09pm
Go get Lidstrom!!

Quote brutherford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 7:32pm
UPDATE!!!

The response to Byfuglien for Bryzgalov? give: Toews, Goligoski, Bryzgalov, get: Lubomir Visnovsky, Dustin Byfuglien, Travis Zajac, Dwayne Roloson.

So I responded with...
give: Cam Ward, Ilya Brygalov, Alex Goligoski, Jonathan Toews
get: Henrik Lundqvist, Lubomir Visnovsky, Dustin Byfuglien, Travis Zajac
The note I sent:
Lundqvist is a big loss, no doubt, but Toews is a top 20 guy as consistent as anyone this season.  HE IS THE ONLY GUARANTEED PRODUCER IN THIS TRADE ABOVE. I'm willing to part with that if you're willing to part with Henrik...

Edited by brutherford - 21 Feb 2011 at 7:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.031 seconds.