RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Giroux for Kessel & D. Jones?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jkovacs View Drop Down

Quote jkovacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Giroux for Kessel & D. Jones?
    Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 10:09am
In a keeper dynasty league (2pts for G, 1pt for A); I've been offered Phil Kessel & David Jones for Claude Giroux. Should I pull the trigger?
The way I figure it, Giroux will outpoint Kessel, but Kessel will outscore Giroux making them about even. The wildcard is Jones, is he worth the risk of Kessel getting booed out of Toronto? Does Jones have much upside?
Thanks for all your valued opinions.
quails144 View Drop Down

Quote quails144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 5:18pm
Depends how much penetration your player pool has, and if those are your only categories.
e.g. if you only go 150 players deep, Jones may never be in the best 150 players.
If each team has 25 players and there are 20 owners, Jones' upside is definitely good enough to make that cut.

If you have to worry about SOG or +/-, one of Kessel/Giroux might be a lot better than the other.

If it was me, I would keep Giroux, who has 100-point upside and has shown he can score goals.
Kessel is a terrific talent, but the supporting cast may not be there for years if ever.... Giroux is about to become the ringleader of a deep and talented group, maybe as early as this season.
andrewf View Drop Down

Quote andrewf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 9:18am
Kessel's better than Giroux, but he's in a worse situation. Depends on if you're looking toward this year (Giroux) or the future (Kessel, but certainly an argument for Giroux there as well). Jones is a nice piece in deep leagues and he's not very old, so if you really need more wing depth, I'd consider it, but if you're looking to win this year, probably not.
chestersmu View Drop Down

Quote chestersmu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 7:49am
Originally posted by andrewf

Kessel's better than Giroux, but he's in a worse situation. Depends on if you're looking toward this year (Giroux) or the future (Kessel, but certainly an argument for Giroux there as well). Jones is a nice piece in deep leagues and he's not very old, so if you really need more wing depth, I'd consider it, but if you're looking to win this year, probably not.

Giroux is only in his second full season and your touting Kessel for the future? Giroux is better now, and arguable for the future. Kessel, if the stars align has 40 goal upside with probably 70pts. Giroux in only his second full season is on pace for 30 goals and 75 pts.

How much better is Jones than the worst player on your team? I assume you'd have to drop someone to fit him onto your roster.

Will Jones/Kessel improve you significantly over Giroux/???.
Players very close to Jones production (goals and points) are usually available as FA's.

Personally I hold onto Giroux. Way to much upside. Already has a great supporting cast.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.125 seconds.