RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Goalie Situation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GregArabatlian View Drop Down

Quote GregArabatlian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Goalie Situation
    Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 1:45am
I currently have Rask, which I drafted in the 3rd round. As the draft went on didn't pick up a goalie till the 8th round with Lehtonen. I'm kinda in a bad spot with goalies. Any recommendations with what I can do. I'm thinking of trading Lehtonen for Nittymaki straight up?
edlisa View Drop Down

Quote edlisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 3:07pm
I don't trust Nittymaki to be the starter with Niemi also there in SJ. I'd stick with Lehtonen and wait for someone to get hurt, then pounce on the backup.
PMain View Drop Down

Quote PMain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 5:13pm
If you have a deep bench pick up a backup on a good team now:
guys like Thomas, Boucher, Cory Crawford (Huet is going to play in Europe),
Neuvirth, Henrik Larsson (Calgary) or trade for Nitty AND pickup a backup.

Nitty will get 30-35 starts and that could translate into 20 wins.

If you're going to keep Lehtonen, you may want to grab Raycroft - his backup -
as Lehtonen is well-known for being brittle.
offset View Drop Down

Quote offset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 8:18am
I think I would prefer Nitty over Lehtonen, but it may wind up being a toss up between those two.  I know most people would think I am crazy, don't laugh.  I have another option that should be a safe play.  If you have a spot to add another goalie to ride the bench and see how things go, I bet Rick DiPietro is still available.  I think he has a chance to be a solid number 2 fantasy hockey goalie.  *If* he stays healthy, and some of the other Islanders play as they should, I can see him landing near the top half (mid-teens) rated goalies.  A couple big ifs there, but if you grab him now and then just keep him on the bench and see how the season actually starts, maybe you will be holding on to a really good option once the season is underway.

Edited by offset - 24 Sep 2010 at 8:18am
PMain View Drop Down

Quote PMain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 7:35am
I wouldn't touch Rick D. or the Islanders for that matter
unless you need a No. 2/3 center (Tavares) or a No. 4/5 D-man in the Wiz.

With Streit out for the season and Okposo banged up it's already looking
fairly dismal on the Island.

For what it's worth last season saw Roloson play great in NYI and
JSG was excellent after joining Toronto.

JSG will find it hard for wins with the Leafs' toothless offense
but his other stats should be solid with their decent talent/depth on D.
offset View Drop Down

Quote offset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 6:44pm
Agreed with PMain.  At this point I take back everything I said.  The NYI are just cursed or something.  I think if everyone was healthy then Rick D. would have been a decent pickup, while riding your bench, just until seeing how things were going.  Now, I would have to say just hold on to Lehtonen for now and see how things continue to progress.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.031 seconds.