RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Ohtani

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ohtani
    Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 1:20pm
What can we expect from Ohtani this year???
Mclovenmoss View Drop Down

Quote Mclovenmoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 11:59am
Who knows?! Lots of different things reported/projected but we really don't know. Assuming he stays healthy, which has been a red flag, he could end up top 20 SP with the stuff alone. More realistically though, top 50 maybe for first season. Worth a grab in a dynasty league though. Worth drafting in non keeper leagues to bait him for bigger trades. Sell while it's high!
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 6:33pm
Decent pitcher and bust as a hitter.

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 5:46am
I tend to agree there. I think he should have signed in the NL. I couldnt believe he didn't. There are so many more opportunities to hit there. His health is kind of concerning to me as well.

I dont think I will be drafting him this year. I will take a wait and see approach.

Have the sites said what they are going to do with him?? SP and DH eligible?

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 10:32am
i think 170 IP is a very hopeful projection. I think 150 or below is more likely given all the smoke around that elbow sprain.

Hitting, I am thinking around 200-250 AB's. He probably hits between .250-.275 with a little power (8-10 HR's)

Rotowire has him at #78 overall and #16 in SP. I think that is WAY too high given all the unknowns. He could possibly be a top 30 SP, but the lack of innings is what keeps me from getting excited.

If I were in a keeper league, I'd be more inclined to bite, and definitely in dynasty leagues. For re-drafts, I am letting someone else draft him this year. I'll sit back and watch...
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.