RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

New $200 dynasty (5*5 roto, daily, 15-tm, FanTrax)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pandoval View Drop Down

Quote Pandoval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New $200 dynasty (5*5 roto, daily, 15-tm, FanTrax)
    Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:16am
Long post below, but you can also head over to our league forum to read a full draft of the rules and see who is signing up.

This will be a $200/season 15-team league that plays by 5*5 roto rules (most likely with OBP instead of AVG and W+QS instead of just wins) and daily lineup changes.

You can review more of the settings below, but one key feature is this: to guard against typical keeper league problems, all owners will be required to always pay one year ahead. That is, for 2018, owners will be required to pay $400 ($200 for 2018's prize pool, $200 for 2019). After the 2018 season, returning owners will pay $200 (which will technically be for 2020). This is to prevent owners from either abandoning or destroying their teams (either out of frustration, malevolence, or out of a desire to sell off the whole farm system to "win this year" and then quit the league).

Of course, if owners want to drop out after any season, they can recoup their $200 advance by simply finding a replacement owner to take over. If an owner just abandons the league, well, that sucks, but at least the remaining owners will be able to use the $200 reserve to entice a new owner to take over at a discount, or to simply pad the following year's prize pool.

Most importantly, funds will be paid to LeagueSafe, and we will use their "Rollover" feature to ensure that owners are always committed beyond merely the season at hand, and that everybody's money is safe and secure.

One other distinguishing factor: in order to maintain competitive balance, this won't be a 100% pure dynasty. Each off-season there will be a version of a Rule 5-type draft. Owners will be able to protect nearly all of their assets, but a few quality MLBers will change hands each offseason. Not a major game-changer, but a little bit of offseason spice.

Rosters will be approximately 44 players (which will typically include around 12 prospects, though individual roster construction will be up to each owner).

A few of the basic settings of the league are negotiable as I put the final rules together (including prize money dispersal), but for now I'm just looking to collect as many names of interested players as possible. I won't accept any money until we have generated enough interest. But for the first year draft, we'll need to get started with plenty of time before the season, so I hope to recruit enough player soon!

Shoot me an email if you're interested in learning more or getting on the list of prospective owners: fishery002003@yahoo.com
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.066 seconds.