FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Does Hawaii get a BCS bowl?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
herbilk View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote herbilk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does Hawaii get a BCS bowl?
    Posted: 24 Nov 2007 at 7:08am
At this point, I'd think they would be able to finish in the top 12 in the BCS and get a bowl berth, especially since Texas lost in front of them yesterday.  Also, only two teams from any conference can go to a BCS bowl so that works in their favor.  Does anyone think that Hawaii won't get into the BCS?

What are the odds that Ohio St. gets into another title game?  Does anyone really want to see that?
schoenke View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote schoenke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2007 at 10:27am
There's a very real scenario where Ohio State faces a 2-loss team in the BCS title game. If so, Hawaii would really have a case to be in it. I know the WAC is weak and most SEC teams are better, but at some point don't you have to let an undefeated team in a weaker conference into the title game?
Erickson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Erickson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2007 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by herbilk

What are the odds that Ohio St. gets into another title game?  Does anyone really want to see that?

I'd love to see it, if for no other reason than it would drive SEC fans crazy. "This is the system we all agreed upon ...."

With Kansas losing tonight, we're one step closer to that scenario. If Oklahoma beats Mizzou again, we could very well see an tOSU - West Virginia matchup.

Let the gnashing of teeth begin!
herbilk View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote herbilk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2007 at 5:42am
Why should a team get into the title game based solely on them being undefeated?  Hawaii is undefeated, but they've had a number of close calls against some weak teams.  I do think they will get and do deserve a BCS Bowl game, but they really aren't worthy of playing in the national championship game, even if they are undefeated. 

A situation where a two loss team plays in the title game seems a little far fetched at this point.  West Virginia will be highly favored against a weak Pittsburgh team and if Missouri loses in the Big 12 championship game then Ohio State will move into the title game.  We'll likely have a title game consisting of two one loss teams, and that seems fine.

TRENT13 View Drop Down

Quote TRENT13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2007 at 4:32am
Originally posted by herbilk

Why should a team get into the title game based solely on them being undefeated?  Hawaii is undefeated, but they've had a number of close calls against some weak teams.  I do think they will get and do deserve a BCS Bowl game, but they really aren't worthy of playing in the national championship game, even if they are undefeated. 

A situation where a two loss team plays in the title game seems a little far fetched at this point.  West Virginia will be highly favored against a weak Pittsburgh team and if Missouri loses in the Big 12 championship game then Ohio State will move into the title game.  We'll likely have a title game consisting of two one loss teams, and that seems fine.

I totally agree. I must preface that I am a SEC fan,UK fan to be exact,and using UK as an example I think UK or most teams if not all SEC teams would have a better shot at going undefeated in the WAC then Hawaii would at having a winning record in the SEC, If you can follow that logic then its easy to see there is too much emphasis on going undefeated in a smaller conference. Remember Auburn several years ago when they went undefeated and did not get invited to the title game? If Auburn gets left out after going undefeated then I will have no sympathy for a WAC member like Hawaii. This is why I have long been in favor of an 8-team playoff system. They claim it is not plausible for the players and their class schedules but  March Madness is one of if not the best draw in sports and their "student athletes" seem to do fine despite the scheduling conflict. Having a playoff for college football could make December what March is for basketball. It is all about money and if they could ever think outside the box and not hide behind "tradition" the sport would be better for it. There is enough money floating around in college athletics to ensure all 8 teams would be substancially compensated. 8 team play off system equals 4 teams that otherwise would play in a bowl game but since their would still be a title game it only affects 3 bowls. By doing a play off of 8 teams you still can have all the same bowls they have always had and it actually would permit 6 other schools participate in bowl games besides those that made the playoffs. With each round of the play offs taking a week if you started them in December then a champion could be crowned without all this stagnant waiting on bowl games that always occurs waiting for January!
schoenke View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote schoenke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2007 at 5:09am
If they win their BCS game now, they could seriously get votes for No. 1 with the BCS mess. I'm rooting for Hawaii to win it all!
man3111 View Drop Down

Quote man3111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2009 at 7:48am
People call in as they pass by
For a short chat and to say `hi`,
Most are out just for a walk
But they like to stop and have a talk

Edited by man3111 - 30 Dec 2009 at 5:32am
alexfleming9 View Drop Down

Quote alexfleming9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 9:49am
Hawaii has done all it could in the regular season.
The message of Hawaii is brought on the BCS. Colt Brennan threw a 5-yard touchdown pass to Ryan Grice-Mullen with 44 seconds left and No. 11 Hawaii overcame a 21-point deficit to beat Washington 35-28 on Saturday night to finish the regular season 12-0 and virtually assure a BCS berth. Hawaii, the only undefeated Bowl Subdivision team, entered the game 12th in the Bowl Championship Series standings. It will need to finish in the top 12 when the final standings are released Sunday to land in one of the choice bowl games.

fashion blog /// fashion trends
Buisness View Drop Down

Quote Buisness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 2:09am
Selecting the right fit when ever buying bras is usually quite difficult. The process may well also be very expensive any time you buy unwanted size and next have to find as often as needed until you unearth something who fits. The following variety of 7 things to seek when investing in bra should show you how to avoid this nightmare.
buying a bra
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.031 seconds.