RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Another keeper trade proposal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mannyfanredsox View Drop Down

Quote mannyfanredsox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another keeper trade proposal
    Posted: 15 Feb 2008 at 7:19am
So I almost traded A-Rod in anohter huge trade talked about in a different thread but I think the other guy realized how ridiculous his offer was and took it off the table. Here is the current deal im looking at (year 1 of 4 year keeper 5x5 head to head).

I give: A-Rod and Alex Rios
I get: Travis Hafner, Carl Crawford, and Liriano

I've been looking to add another ace type pitcher to go with Peavy. Any thoughts? I can also try to substitute Morneau for Hafner but that's been met with some resistance.

Quote mannyfanredsox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2008 at 7:26am
Also, everything I've read points to Liriano being ready to go on opening day (minus the DUI problems)
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2008 at 7:26am
I would keep what you have. Arod over Crawford and Rios over Hafner. Not worth just getting the risky Liriano.
Uncle_Charlie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Uncle_Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2008 at 7:34am
How many total keepers are you allowed?  Also, who are your other guys you are considering keeping?
MPStopa View Drop Down

Quote MPStopa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2008 at 7:35am
Too much risk on your side of the deal, IMO.  Not just with Liriano, but Hafner is a big question mark too.  Was last year just a blip for him?  Or the start of a downward spiral? I'd want more of a known quantity there.

Quote mannyfanredsox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2008 at 8:11am
It's a bit of a different keeper league. Keep your entire roster for four years, then at the end of four years you keep 5 players and redraft.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2008 at 8:14am
If you want another pitcher to go with Peavy I make an offer with Arod for Johan and another player.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2008 at 8:14am
Having Johan and Peavy should allow you to go cheap with your other starters and still do great. Plus you get to keep the extra hitter you get in the deal.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Uncle_Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2008 at 8:37am
Yeah, I'm leaning with LA on this one.  If your going to give up A-Rod, go after a prize in quality rather then quantity.  I would hold onto A-rod & Rios as far as this deal goes. 

If you are looking to snag another ace, package A-rod up and go after Johan.  I think the risk of injury and bouncing back are just to much with Hafner and Liriano.
discndat View Drop Down

Quote discndat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2008 at 8:57am
No way - too much risk with Liriano and I don't see what Hafner brings you - keep what you have.

Quote mannyfanredsox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2008 at 9:48am
Thanks for the input. Another offer I have on the table is I give Lincecum and Homer Bailey for Webb but the other manager is waiting to see if Lincecum goes to the bullpen or not. Some article came up two days ago saying the Giants discussed it internally but I think they would be very foolish to do so.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Uncle_Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2008 at 10:38am
A move to the pen would be ridiculous for Lincecum, although I saw a note today saying Bengie Molina would be the Giants clean-up hitter, so who knows what the hell is going on in San Fran.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2008 at 10:41am
Take the Webb deal if you can. Lince will stay in rotation.
siny781 View Drop Down

Quote siny781 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2008 at 11:25am
Keep A-Rod...go after the deal for Webb.  Bailey is a huge ??? and it comes down to Lincecum for Webb.  If he's willing to do that you're getting Webb for a steal.
packerhater2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote packerhater2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2008 at 2:34pm
take webb deal or only trade a-rod for johan plus one more player. like said in earlier post the 1-2 punch of peavy and johan (both fairly young and in pitcher parks) would secure your pitching.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.125 seconds.